- Communication Skills
- Analysis Skills
Design, configure, test, document and maintain Rhapsody routes and technical solutions based on functional and business requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Planning: Requirements & Design
a. Test, deploy and evaluate appropriate interface solutions and ongoing maintenance needs for sustainable processes. Appropriately configure systems to improve processes, add efficiencies and promote patient safety.
b. Reverse engineer existing healthcare IT interfaces, capture relevant requirements and author message or interface specifications with minimal assistance.
2. Analytical Skills
a. Become proficient in department workflow and analyze opportunities to improve.
b. Investigate processes to understand operations. Research, analyze and understand workflows of end users.
c. Identify data validation risks and solutions/strategies.
d. Assist Business and Systems Analysts with business rule and data integration and requirements gathering.
3. Support and Maintenance
a. Maintain and document Rhapsody Routes, Communication Point configurations and scripts to ensure proper versioning and control of product upgrades.
b. After performing interface design and deployment work, ensure that the interface is functioning properly and provide tuning and optimizing assistance as required.
c. Resolve integration/mapping issues; methodically approach problems or processes to troubleshoot and resolve; develop application and integrated test scripts; participate in thoroughly testing builds; provide rotational on-call support based upon application needs.
a. Preparation and maintenance of technical documentation.
b. Implementation and configuration of Rhapsody Integration Engine, and configuration of Interfaces, Routes and Communication Points as required.
c. Review architecture or solution design, and provide feedback based on best practices, capabilities and standards-based industry norms.
d. Research technology and interface specifications/design required to help deliver optimal technical solutions that support the business objectives.
5. Perform all other duties and responsibilities as requested by Supervisor(s).
Qualifications and Education:
1. BA/BS in MIS, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business or a related field.
2. Strong written, communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Ability to multi-task and manage several projects or tasks at one time.
4. Expertise in HL7 v2.x is essential and v3.x desirable.
5. Proven experience interfacing with systems including EHR/EMR/LIS/RIS/PACS/HIS.
6. Prior experience with Rhapsody Integration Engine is ideal, or experience with competitor integration engines.
8. Experience in documenting message specifications, as well as other interface requirements documentation.
9. X12 experience a bonus.
10. SQL Query Writing, SQL Tuning a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability