The Business Solutions Manager Intern is responsible for participation in a 12-week (40 hours/week) Intern Program with specific emphasis on business solution management for major Customer Solutions projects. The intern position will actively participate and assist in the assigned group intern project. This position will receive an hourly wage of $18 per hour, plus a $500 starting bonus.
Must be currently pursuing a bachelors degree, including minimum completion of sophomore year of college coursework. Candidates must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Work closely as a teammate with the Associations customer facing digital business solutions team, the customer education program and the young, beginning and small producer program. Develop product management skills through intensive solution development and testing. Work with the Business Solutions Managers to create product roadmaps for incremental value achievement in alignment to business vision and goals. Work with the appropriate stakeholders, including teammates and customers, as directed, to discover and articulate the business need. Identify, create and support the systems, processes and procedures within a domain of responsibility to support that need. Participate in the digital solution creation process, including design, prioritization, development, release and support phases.
Product and program development focused with this role include:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- AgriPoint® online and mobile account and financial management tools;
- AgStart lending program, including marketing and development of our young, beginning and small (YBS) producer program;
- The Development Fund for YBS farmers and ranchers;
- Customer networking and learning events, including GrowingOn® and Side by Side;
- Business development for digital business solutions;
- Emerging and experimental product design and development.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
Digital Business Solution Design and Road-Mapping
Development of new or enhanced customer education programs; including:
- Assist the Business Solutions Manager Customer Solutions in their duties to serve as the expert regarding a business need, and identify, create and support the systems, processes and procedures within a domain of responsibility. Help to design and evolve the business process to create business effectiveness. Solicit, review, evaluate and prioritize requests related to the business system or process. Create roadmaps for increment value achievement in alignment to business vision and goals. Work with teammates and customers, as directed, in the design of next-generation digital business solutions that address the evolving needs of our customers and industry.
Collaborate with the sponsors of customer facing events to determine primary content and audience.
Develop and/or acquire materials, presentations, content, curriculum and other information or expertise necessary for the successful execution of these experiences.
Developing and maintaining the resources to effectively present, train or otherwise facilitate workshops, seminars, webcasts, or other customer learning experience events.
Coordinate the logistics of customer education learning events, including:
- Identification of learning objectives, and development of learning program concepts, proprietary content, proposals, agendas, communications and budgets.
- Leveraging expertise in the development, deployment and scaling of the Associations existing customer education events and other activities.
- Assist with the development, design, coordination, and delivery of highly effective and valuable customer learning experiences/events (i.e. GrowingOn, Agribusiness Finance Executive Summit, Side by Side, etc).
Administration of the Development Loan Program and Fund
- Site coordination/administration
- Presenters/speakers/talent coordination for the event
- Light, sound, and other presentation logistics
- Agreements and contracts
- Registration, communications, and coordination with applicable teams for materials, marketing, etc.
- Coordinate the sponsorship of customer attendance at third-party education events
- Assist the Business Development Officers in the activities of the Decision Committee for Development Fund loan requests. Compile information for presentation to Decision Committee including but not limited to, Development Fund Application, Financial Reports, Business Plan and Application Summary. Coordinate the process for moving applications from submission through review, approval/denial and loan closing.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Coordinate and assist with promotion of the Development Fund program in collaboration with the VP-Customer Solutions. Develop content for marketing materials including website pages, brochures, news releases, videos, social media posts, and trade publication interviews.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time to accomplish work at desk.
- Ability to use computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills.
- Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate and critique such information as written materials, numerical data, responses to customer needs and/or other work-related activities.
- Ability to complete work in an acceptable timeframe and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
- Ability to understand and explain various subject matter and consult on concepts, programs, terminology and methods.
- Ability to operate the telephone and respond to calls and in-person inquiries.
- Ability to move about the office with occasional reaching and bending.
- Ability to successfully interact with and represent the organization to staff, officers, board members, customers, industry specialists, and the public at all levels.
- Ability to use a keyboard/calculator/computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Ability to use and understand various computer software related to carrying out essential responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to travel by auto or commercial transportation (up to 10%) to carry out essential responsibilities.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.