About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
The XFL is looking for a System Analyst to provide technical analysis and contribute to the design, installation and management of the football systems that will power the XFL across a multitude of platforms. The position will be involved with planning, designing and maintaining the Player Life Cycle and additional services required to operate and support the league ecosystem. As part of the Football Systems team, this position provides project leadership and supervision, while directing and integrating the work of others' functions. You will drive strategy and assist in prioritization activities that align with the XFL's goals and objectives.
What you will do
- Collaborate with XFL stakeholders (coaches, football ops, front office, league personnel, etc.) to proactively identify, document and design the workflow of solutions within the XFL software stack.
- Provide direction, planning and prioritization of projects and provide technical expertise to ensure utilization of sound implementation, integration and development methodologies.
- Project manage software enhancements/updates, new workflow implementations and other XFL technology initiatives.
- Implementation and routine maintenance of XFL's software applications – i.e. updating settings, visualizations, permissions, functionality and workflows.
- Be the foremost expert on XFL league software architecture to help assist leadership on best methods for implementing new vendors, APIs, etc. into existing stack.
- First line of support for coaches, players and front office personnel having issues with accomplishing what they need to do within XFL software applications.
- Creation of decision and workflow documents, issues logs, version controlling and other documentation as necessary for record-keeping and distribution to all XFL staff.
- Assist with vendor management and work with vendor implementation teams to successfully integrate new products and systems into overall tech stack.
- Provide critical thinking and insight to help assist in developing new projects, analyses and workflows that drive value for the XFL.
- Assist in data analysis efforts to help develop new metrics, help coaches and league office personnel and progress the use of analytics within football.
- Work with the IT Infrastructure team to ensure required cloud services, hardware, databases, scripting tools and other support tools are available and meet the needs of the organization to support all external software systems.
What you will bring
- Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of three years of technical experience working in enterprise architecture, systems requirements, project and program management and systems design–preferably in sports media, creative services and/or entertainment.
- Experience and understanding of managing software within a production ("live") environment.
- Self-sufficiency, the ability to own and lead products/workstreams and an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Experience or demonstrated interest in programming (R or Python preferred).
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in streamlining and optimizing business workflows utilizing cloud and SaaS based technologies.
- Direct implementation experience driving new enterprise systems utilizing role based access security.
- Familiarity with business intelligence methods and tools.
- Systems integration experience connecting disparate applications to an enterprise-level tool and developing unique end-user workflows across systems.
- Extensive experience in business analysis, technical project management, vendor management and planning across multiple workstreams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Experience in creating project management documentation – project plans, workflow documentation, issue logs, decision documents, etc.
- Strong experience and competency in creating Excel-based models/project tracking tools and creating communication/project management style decks.
- Passion for football with experience or demonstrated interest in sports science.
- Experience with Tableau.
- Professional experience with sports-specific software solutions such as Workday or an athlete management system.
- Familiarity supporting sports and live events operations through back-office systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
**Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining or extending work authorization.**