Application Development - Full Stack .NET
Designs and develops custom computer applications for the company and supports existing applications. Works with Database Administrators, Systems Administrators, and Systems Architects to ensure efficiency in the application environment used by the company.
We will be modifying existing applications by changing the source of the data from an existing ERP to a new SQL Server based solution. This effort will involve analytics to determine what needs to change, modification to make the change, and testing the changes to ensure accuracy.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Modifies, designs and develops custom computer applications for the company and supports existing applications.
- Works with Database Administrators, Systems Administrators, and Systems Architects to ensure efficiency in the application environment used by the company.
- Collaborates with all above to design and develop organized and centralized intranet for the company with scalability to grow with company demands.
- Designs and develops software applications to complement and enhance commercially off the Shelf (COTS) as well as in-house developed applications to support the business.
- Serves as troubleshooter with third-party software applications and their developers to remedy identified problems.
- Assists users with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Assists with improving existing programs by reviewing objectives and specification, evaluating proposed changes, recommending changes, and making modifications.
- Instrumental in the migration process between development, test, and production
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Five (5) years minimum information systems experience , preferably in the oil and gas industry, with a special emphasis in application development.
- Interpersonal skills to allow effective communication with individuals in the conduct of application development projects.
- Strong ability in diagnosing and solving computer related problems while maintaining patience, professionalism, and courtesy.
- Basic understanding of server setup and maintenance with regard to web-based development, such as Internet Information Services, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
- P), Component Object Model (COM+), .NET Core and Framework, Active Server Pages (ASP), and File Transfer Protocol (FTP/SFTP).
- Basic understanding of the technology related to database design and maintenance of a database system/server.
- Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and concentrate on detailed information in a fast-paced demanding work environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software: Required: Microsoft Visual Studio, Active Server Pages (ASP), .NET framework, .NET Core, SQL Server Reporting Services and Microsoft SQL Server.