ABOUT W INTERNATIONAL
W International is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. W International provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. We recognize that their hard work and dedication are the driving force behind our success, and we continually look for additional ways to reward them. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and excellent benefits, along with a positive work environment built on mutual respect and professionalism. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on ethics and values, dedication to our employees and communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
W International is a world class metal fabricator located in Goose Creek, SC, specializing in complex critical weldments for the defense, aerospace and commercial markets. W International’s unique facility encompasses 45 acres and over 450,000 square feet of manufacturing space on the Cooper River. W International works on some of the leading projects in the industry and can ship via barge, rail, or articulated vehicle. We are certified to AS9100 Rev. D and ISO9001: 2015, as well as numerous NAVSEA weld and quality certifications.
Successful candidate will oversee the design, layout, testing and evaluation of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices or systems.
Responsibilities of the Buyer include:
Locate reliable suppliers to provide quality goods or services at reasonable and competitive prices or cost. Negotiate pricing and contractual elements. Review technical specifications for raw materials, components, or outside services. Determine supplier capabilities and capacity.
- Process Purchase Requisitions, select sources, and issue Purchase Orders for material and services.
- Negotiate pricing and terms of Purchase agreements.
- Assure on time delivery of goods or equipment and on time completion of outsourced services.
Measure and report on results.
- Monitor Supplier Quality performance, measure, and report results.
- Review Purchase Orders for conformance to Company policies and procedures, Customer flow down requirements, and Government regulations.
- Support the control of departmental budget.
- Analyze market data in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Track and input any Customer or Federal Compliance requirements information related to Materials or Purchased Services.
- Serve on Material Review Board (MRB) for non-compliant material.
- Support Tracking and reporting on Procurement organization performance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Recommended Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or Economics.
- Demonstrate strong decision making, mathematical, and analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills (verbal, listening, and written for dealing both externally and internally.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must be detail oriented, have a professional attitude, confidentiality, and strong ethic values.
- Must have ability to travel CONUS.
- Should be proficient in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to input and utilize Enterprise Requirements Planning (ERP) E2 Shoptech system processes for planning, ordering material, tracking, recordkeeping, and reporting.
- Must be a US Citizen or equivalent as designated by the US Department of State.
- Three to Five Years of Supply Chain Management or Procurement experience.
- Experience in US Government procurement or contracting environment; e.g.; US Army, US Navy, US Marine Corps, Air Force, or Department of Energy programs.
- Working knowledge of UCC Article 7 and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR’s/DFAR’s)
- Experience using an Enterprise Requirements Planning (ERP) system, E2 Shoptech.
- Prior experience working with or at a Fabrication facility.
- Past experience in Procuring material, services, tools, and Industrial Plant Equipment needed in support of welded products and heavy metal fabrication.