Applicants must apply On-Line at www.usps.com/careers
Job Opens: 4/29/21 - Closes: 5/7/21
1. Makes or assists in making minor maintenance repairs to building and equipment.
2. In smaller buildings assists the fireaman-laborer in firing the boiler; in firemen-laborer’s absence fires and cleans the boiler.
3. Operates a variety of power driven equipment such as floor scrubbers, floor sanders, waxers, and wall washers; adjusts brushes, buffers, and other attachments on machines; uses wax, polish, and other protective agents appropriate for the various surfaces; washes walls and ceilings from scaffolding.
4. Performs general laboring duties such as uncrating and assembling furniture and fixtures using bolts and screws for assembly, loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
5. Performs janitorial duties such as cleaning, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors; washes walls and ceiling dusts furniture and fixtures; cleans hardware and toilet fixtures; washes windows; cares for lawns and shrubs; cleans sidewalks and driveways and removes ashes, snow and ice.
6. In addition, may: operate elevator, stack supplies in storage rooms and on shelves; moves furniture and equipment.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $16.88 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
We provide face masks and surgical gloves while working.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Custodial Experience: 1 year (Preferred)