- Registered Vascular Technologist
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Stock Purchase Plan
Vascular Technologist(Job Number: 00035-42867)
Work Location: United States-Virginia-Richmond-Johnston-Willis Hospital
Job Type: Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Johnston-Willis Hospital is one of the HCA family of hospitals. We’ve been delivering high-quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and Central Virginia for more than a century. Founded in 1909, we offer a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care, and neuroscience at our first-in-Richmond Neuroscience and Gamma Knife Center.
Though we’re well over a hundred years we’ve continued stay above the curve, offering patients technological advancements and compassionate patient care. That commitment to quality has led to multiple accolades that every member of the Johnston-Willis family takes a great deal of pride in:
The Joint Commission has awarded us the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for surgical care, perinatal care, pneumonia, heart attack and hip and knee replacement.
Johnston-Willis is the first hospital in the US to receive The Joint Commission Gold Seal Certificate of Distinction for Brain Tumor care.
We are the first non-academic hospital in Virginia to receive the Comprehensive Stroke Certification by DNV-GL Healthcare, the highest level of competence possible for stroke care.
Our ER is also the only state-authorized Level III Trauma Center in Chesterfield County, which means we can provide fast, skilled care in life’s worst moments.
Do you want take your career to the next level by working at one of the leading hospitals in Richmond, VA? If you value a patient centric culture, great leadership, phenomenal on the job training, opportunities for advancement, competitive pay and benefits this Vascular Technologist position is for you.
The responsibilities for the Vascular Technologist include but are not limited to:
1. Performs non-invasive peripheral vascular testing to evaluate the hemodynamics of arterial, venous and/or cerebrovascular circulation by utilizing duplex imaging, spectral waveform analysis, and plethysmography according to the Vascular Lab procedural policies.
2. Compiles reports to communicate test results to referring physicians by EMR notation and/or oral report of preliminary findings and transmittal of final evaluation.
3. Maintains lab equipment to ensure optimal functioning; inspecting for breakdown, trouble-shooting and communicating with appropriate repair persons.
4. Restocks work areas with necessary supplies. Keeps work areas clean and orderly to promote patient safety.
5. Correlates non-invasive test results with other modalities in order to maintain quality control and to establish current accuracy.
6. Utilizes appropriate communication and interpersonal skills with patients, families, physicians and staff.
7. Performs job to ensure quality care is provided within defined area of accountability.
8. Safely transports machine to patient room to perform vascular exam or transports patients to office as necessary.
9. Takes call after regular hours.
10. Assists with education and training of new staff as requested.
11. Pursues professional development to prepare for additional responsibilities and improve current job performance by participating in educational meetings, independent study and maintaining appropriate certification.
12. Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate patient education documentation modality.
HCA is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include 178 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers located in 20 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. HCA is ranked number 63 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently recognized for being one of the “World’s Most Ethical companies.”
Required–Graduate of an accredited program in sonography or appropriate on-the-job training that meets the minimum requirements by ARDMS or CCI
Required – One to two years of clinical experience in vascular sonography
Required – ARDMS or CCI vascular credential obtained within one year of hire
Preferred – Registered Vascular Technologist or Registered Vascular Specialist
We offer a generous compensation package including:
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.