This is a full time position whose primary duties include performing software and database maintenance and support functions, and training of City staff on various software applications. Other duties include providing audio visual support, producing publications/flyers/graphics and a monthly newsletter; maintaining social media, eCommunications systems, content on City’s internal and external websites; and performing various clerical and administrative duties as needed. Work is performed under the general direction of the Sr. Programs and Applications Support Specialist.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains and supports City-wide ERP system, City-wide document repository, Sharepoint.
- Assists Sr. Programs and Applications Support Specialist in managing financial software.
- Acts as a technical resource for City users and handles user support issues/Help Desk requests; participates in various projects and management of equipment such as scanners, printers, and copy room equipment.
- Participates in audio visual duties rotation at City Commission meetings, other City events, and various meetings (please note that most Commission and board meetings are after 5pm).
- Operates the Chambers audio visual system equipment.
- Processes, posts, and maintains various meeting audio files as well as links to agendas and agenda items on City website.
- Maintains content on internal and external City websites
- Performs various clerical duties, provides vendor support, schedules appointments, conducts research, and obtains quotes as needed.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.)
Minimum Qualifications(A comparable amount of training, education, or experience can be substituted for the minimum qualifications)
Proficiency in the use of applications, tools, and programming languages such as:
- Visual Studio or any Integrated Development Environment
- Database management software and tools such as SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, Business Objects Suite such as Crystal Reports and Xcelcius
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft SharePoint and InfoPath
- New World ERP
- Microsoft Office Suite (2007 or newer)
- Excel PivotTables
- Excel Advanced formula construction
- PowerPoint presentation software
- Ability and willingness to continually learn new applications and upgrade current skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to clearly document all procedures and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong written and verbal communication skills for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with City employees, contractors, vendors, and other government entities
- Attention to detail and ability to organize time and resources for maximum benefit
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university, with primary emphasis in Information Technology or related field.
- 2 years experience in application and/or database support, website maintenance, or related Information Technology field.
(A comparable amount of training, education, or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Environmental Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment with visits to end user locations.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Applications: 1 year
- Sharepoint: 2 years
- ERP: 2 years
- SQL: 2 years