Cascade Public Schools
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
UNIVERSAL OBLIGATIONS/EXPECTATIONS OF EACH STAFF MEMBER
It is the expectation of the District that each staff member will: (1) put the safety, health and well-being of students at the forefront of all actions, job responsibilities and decisions, and (2) undertake all duties in alignment with the District’s Strategic Plan.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be required as given or assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and waxes floors.
- Vacuums rugs and carpets.
- Dusts, waxes, washes, and polishes furniture and woodwork.
- Cleans restrooms, replenishes supplies, and fills dispensers.
- May water lawn, trees, and shrubs in the absence of grounds personnel.
- Maintains areas adjacent to buildings in clean, safe, and sanitary condition.
- Washes windows, walls, sinks, and fountains.
- Arranges furniture and equipment for special activities.
- Observes and reports need for repairs and makes minor repairs as time permits.
- Secures buildings at end of shift.
- Picks up trash and litter and empties and cleans trash and garbage receptacles.
- Does emergency cleanup resulting from vandalism, breakage, spillage, or illness.
- Stacks, assembles, and stores furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Cleans chalkboards and trays.
- Is responsible for reporting unruly student activities, loitering, vandalism, or similar situations.
- Performs routine nontechnical maintenance duties with the use of household hand tools.
- May prepare and paint interior and exterior walls.
- Orders, receives, stores, and distributes supplies.
- No experience required, but some previous custodial or janitorial work is desirable; high school diploma or equivalent; or any combination of training and experience likely to provide the desired knowledge and abilities.
- Good physical condition and fitness.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, and equipment used in cleaning various types of surfaces and furniture.
- Knowledge of basic safety practices related to custodial work.
- Perform heavy physical labor.
- Work effectively without close supervision.
- Operate specialized cleaning and maintenance tools and equipment.
- Understand and follow a work schedule.
- Keep basic work records and make reports.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities.
Cleaning and maintenance tools and equipment, including but not limited to vacuum, floor polishers, floor strippers, miscellaneous scrubbing equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works inside and outside. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be noisy, depending upon the task at hand.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, travel from one building to another, push heavy equipment, twist at neck and waist, reach, kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May be required to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee often performs routine work. The employee frequently exercises flexibility (ability to shift from one task to another). Guidance and reinforcement are usually unavailable. The employee frequently works within time constraints and maintains attentiveness intensity. The employee may be involved in interactions which require oral and written communications.
The physical demands, work-environment characteristics, and mental/motor demands described within this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations shall be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For those classified employees employed under a written contract for a specified term, nothing contained in this job description shall create a property right beyond the specified duration of the employment contract.
Email To A Friend