CVS Health offers a comprehensive internship program designed to engage students, impart valuable skills, and offer insight into a potential career path with a Fortune 12 company. Highlights include a structured program plan, hands on project work, access to mentorship and networking opportunities, and learning and development sessions. During the 10 week engagement interns will be in a supportive learning environment contributing both independently and on a team against key department initiatives. Competitive compensation is offered including a stipend for eligible candidates.
Store Operations is the conduit between the Retail CVS/pharmacy Stores/Field Managers and the Customer Support Center, partnering with the departments at the CSC (Replenishment, Merchandising, Marketing, ExtraCare, HR, IS, etc) to develop effective plans to launch new programs and processes. Store Operations oversees all Store and Field Communications, as well as facilitates the Workload Governance team to balance and plan workload and activities throughout the year.
As an intern, you will work on various projects to support the Store Operation team. Projects may include assisting with initiatives focused around store replenishment, supply chain management, inventory/logistics work streams, as well as merchandising initiatives.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Primary focus on developing and managing the next generation of retail strategies aimed at enhancing and improving communications, technology and digital service offerings
- Work cross-functionally with internal business units including Pharmacy Operations, IT, Digital team and others to expand the scope, profitability, and operational efficiency of key company initiatives
- Coordinate work across various departments, formulating proposals, plans and presentations
- React to the day-to-day issues and needs (problem resolution) of retail stores and field leadership
- Manage and monitor program communications to Stores and Field Management
- Availability to work full time for duration of the 10 week program.
- Executive Presence
- Excellent Written & Oral Communication skills
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office (particularly, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Detail Oriented Motivated/willing to learn
- Previous Retail experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Interest in/knowledge of customer facing technologies In-Store CVS experience
Candidates must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at a 4 year college or university and entering their senior year in fall of 2019
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.