Do you have strong opinions on the best QB in the upcoming NFL Draft? Are you the type of person who’s constantly checking Twitter trying to find the latest interesting sports stories? Do you have a sixth sense about the content and storylines that will pique people’s interest? If so, we want to talk to you!
Yardbarker is seeking talented Freelance Trending Sports News Writers to join our growing team. This is a great opportunity to write for a leading sports site with significant distribution on third party platforms. You will be expected to identify compelling stories and angles about certain sports/people/topics and write them up in a unique, shareable, and SEO-friendly way. Writers must have an extensive knowledge of sports and the storylines that readers care about. We work at a rapid pace and need someone who can work independently and write smartly and clearly about the assigned subject matters.
This is a paid, remote opportunity. Candidates will work designated shifts and be compensated for their work on an hourly basis.
Here are the qualifications we’re looking for:
What we need from you:
- You have written for a mainstream publication or website
- Deep interest and knowledge of sports
- Strong news judgment about what is interesting
- Writing skills that enable you to cover ongoing storylines in a clear, informative, and fun style
- Previous trending news experience a plus
- Pleasant demeaner and ability to communicate with our editorial team
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Writing Samples relevant to the job description
- List of sports/topics you are capable of writing about
- Your general availability for shift assignments\n This is a remote position.