As a Technology Leader, you will be responsible for managing the technical group while ensuring all business standards and service levels are met. You will play a key leadership role in the organization where you will be responsible for driving strategies and business practices that lead to results, as well as supporting the client's roadmap and ITWorks organization imperatives as they relate to technology. This includes management of technology operations across multiple infrastructure disciplines, such as network, telecom, systems monitoring and management, servers, storage, backup, recovery, security, etc.
As a member of the Leadership team, you will participate in financial review and planning for technology strategy and contribute to the development of the overall solution roadmap. As a Leader, you will build an effective team and align business strategy with Cerner and client imperatives. You will be responsible for effectively communicating and building relationships across Cerner and with the client to understand needs and demands while also providing effective situation management and escalation, utilizing good judgment on diagnosis and resolution. You will also assist in managing Human Resource tasks including hiring, performance evaluations, recognition, and disciplinary actions. In addition, you will also recognize and develop career growth and competencies of associates while providing leadership for those involved in development, design, and optimizations of technical information system platforms.
You will be responsible for developing infrastructure architecture standards, maximize efficiency, and support platform compatibility while demonstrating and developing commitment to superb customer service, processes, and quality. You will also facilitate project implementation and overcome project barriers by managing interdependencies or dependencies between projects or programs through collaboration, cross-functional project planning and comprehensive reporting packages.
Engineering & Technology
Innovation occurs everywhere but maybe you are also looking for a purpose. Nothing is more impactful than improving the health of others. Develop cutting edge technologies that have real meaning.
Do you enjoy offering software, technology, hardware and infrastructure that enhances the health and care of patients? If you’d like to be embedded with a single client, and work hand in hand with them right on the front lines of health care, here is your opportunity.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a similar domain, or equivalent IT industry experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in technical support work experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in building and effectively leading and managing teams
- At least 2 years’ experience in managing multiple technology upgrades, replacements, and implementations
- Experience working with a large healthcare organization
- IT security experience
- ITIL training
- In-Depth experience working with Cisco, HP, Microsoft Exchange, VMWare, and Imprivata SSO
- In-Depth experience in deploying and adopting IT standards in an organization (e.g. workstation imaging, asset management, IT ticket management, service level agreements, etc.)
- Willing to travel up to 10% as needed
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to the Seaford, DE area
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
Virtual Eligible Job
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.