Vantage Plastic Surgery is a private plastic and reconstructive surgery practice in New York, NY. We are seeking a skilled, dedicated, and experienced (2 years surgical experience) Surgical Physician Assistant to join our practice on a part-time basis: one full OR day (8-12 hrs) and 1/2 - full (4-8 hrs) office/floor day a week. Outstanding surgical and communication skills are required.
Vantage Plastic Surgery is a private plastic and reconstructive surgery practice in New York, NY. We are seeking a skilled, dedicated, and experienced Surgical Physician Assistant to join our practice part-time: 1 full OR day (8-12 hrs) and 1/2 - full (4-8 hrs) day office/floor hours. As a Surgical Physician Assistant, you will assist surgeons during various surgical procedures, providing comprehensive patient care and necessary administrative support. The main emphasis will be on reconstructive body and breast surgery in a hospital setting.
- Assist the physician in the operating room during plastic surgery procedures.
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to patients.
- Assist with patient assessments and medical histories.
- Educate patients on post-operative care instructions.
- Perform minor surgical procedures as directed by the physician.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary healthcare team to develop and implement individualized patient care plans.
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical records in accordance with hospital and regulatory guidelines.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the clinic
- Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant in New York
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a surgical setting, preferably in plastic surgery.
- Excellent suturing skills.
- Strong knowledge of surgical procedures, techniques, and equipment.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $75.00 - $90.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- 4 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10021: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- surgical: 2 years (Required)
- PA-C (Required)
- Physician Assistant License (Required)
Work Location: In person