- Certified Project Manager
- Project Management
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
Qualifications Requirements: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in Engineering, Architecture, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field. Experience Requirements:
- Seven to ten years' experience with electrical and telecommunications systems and/or project management with at least two years managing large, complex construction projects with technical teams. A satisfactory equivalent of education and experience may be considered.
- Licensing Requirements: Professional Engineer's License or Project Management Certification preferred.
- Special Skills/Training Requirements: One day NYC Transit Track Safety Training (to be provided by NYCT) is required prior to participating in work on or near the wayside. This qualification must be maintained for the duration of the assignment.
- The consultant shall provide certification of the 30-hour OSHA Training from an authorized provider accepted by NYCT (required for all personnel) and submit a course completion certificate prior to being hired.
- Knowledge of Telecommunications Network and Communications systems and communication systems infrastructure, applications, and wireless technology.
- Knowledge of engineering/architecture guidelines, specifications and standards of performance. Strong oral and written communications skills Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Description of Work:
- With the ability to set priorities and ensure timely completion of assignments, the description of duties will include but not be limited to assisting the Construction Managers Office in administrative and technical work, such as:
- Under the direction of the CM perform assigned work with minimal support and supervision to meet project goals and expectations
- Conduct meetings with stakeholders: Draft agenda, reports, meeting minutes, memoranda, and other project-related correspondence and follow-up actions. Review, comment, and manage contract submittals approvals for contract compliance. Inspect work performed for contract conformance and release of progress payments.
- Oversee the quality of process and the safety of performance of the work
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Successfully complete the NYCT General Orders Training provided by NYCT if required.
- Prepare/Review Communication bulletin when Communication Equipment, System and Subsystems shall be placed in or removed from service.
- The consultant shall provide Safety shoes at no cost to NYCT which must meet NYCT specifications and guidelines to participate in any work activity on or adjacent to the track (right-of-way).
The Candidate shall have expert knowledge of systems and or circuits being added, deleted or modified at various phases of the Work, including installation for communication cable
- The Candidate shall be highly experienced in inspection, testing, and operation, where applicable.
- The Candidate shall have the ability to plan and direct the Work, and shall be familiar with equipment.
- The Candidate shall check existing drawings for accuracy, be responsible for the preparation and checking of all relevant items submitted for approval, direct the installation and removal of equipment plan and monitor the assembly and testing of customized equipment, direct circuit, equipment and system changes to the Communications equipment and systems.
- Review and monitor testing plan in accordance with approved test procedures.
Job Type: Contract