Part Time PM Shift 3-7:30pm
Five star facility in Livermore looking for awesome kitchen staff to join our team. The Vineyards is an 83 bed facility located in downtown Livermore. We care for seniors and short term post acute patients. We are offering a $250 hiring bonus, $250 on your first paycheck and $750 on the paycheck following your 90 days.
Caring for seniors with the goal to achieve their best outcomes.
Vineyards Healthcare believes passionately that through meaningful interactions we can provide individualized, holistic care to residents’ post hospitalization with skilled support to help seniors to achieve their best outcomes. We will bring smiles to residents that we serve through providing kind, genuine care and by making the comfort of our residents our highest mission.
Purpose of Your Job Position:
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide assistance in all dietary functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures.
As a Dietary Aide, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the opposition if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative/ Interpersonal Functions:
- Work with the facility dietitian, dietary supervisor, dietary staff, and nursing as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
- Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Maintain accurate and timely logs of temperatures, chemical levels, etc. as directed.
- Other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed.
- Maintain good relationships with facility staff and residents to ensure optimal service. Participate in dietary department as team player, encouraging and assisting others as needed.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
- Attend trainings, in-services, and meetings as directed.
- Maintain resident rights, observing confidentiality of all resident information, knocking before entering the resident’s room, report complaints to the Dietary Services Supervisor.
- Preserve all resident items inadvertently left on food trays and deliver items to the dietary services supervisor to be returned to resident.
- Assist in preparing palatable and appetizing meals in accordance with planned menus and temperature requirements on timely basis.
- Assist in preparing food for therapeutic and texture modified diets in accordance with planned menus with established portion control procedures.
- Serve supplements, snacks, nourishments and beverages consistent with orders.
- Honor food preferences at meals and snacks within diet order specifications.
- Serve meal trays with appropriate utensils, and special equipment when ordered.
- Assist in preparing special event food as ordered.
- Perform timely daily or scheduled cleaning and mopping duties, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Carry soiled utensils, etc., to wash area.
- Wash, clean and store utensils and dishes as directed.
- Perform consistent, compliant waste management.
- Obtain food supplies for next meal.
- Assist in checking diet trays before distribution
- Deliver food carts, trays, etc., to designated areas.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures in timely fashion. Assure that utensils, etc., are readily available for next meal.
- Prepare, label and deliver nourishments, etc., as instructed.
- Store food upon delivery, ensuring acceptable conditions.
Safety and Sanitation:
- Prepare, serve and store food, etc., in accordance with sanitary regulations and established policies and procedures.
- Follow established safety policies and Infection Control and Universal Precautions policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to your supervisor immediately.
- Report all accident/incidents to your supervisor on the shift in which they occur.
- Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times.
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
- Wear protective clothing and equipment when handling infectious waste and/or blood/body fluids.
- Report missing/illegible labels or MSDSs to your supervisor.
- Wear required uniform, including safe shoes, as specified in facility policy.
- Maintain proper personal hygiene and cleanliness, practicing proper handwashing, glove, hairnet and apron use, keeping hands and nails clean, avoiding jewelry, etc.
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated areas. Atmosphere is warm for cooking.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, etc.
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing staff, and other department personnel.
- Works beyond normal duty hours, on weekends and holidays, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
- Is subject to call-back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- May be required to work on shifts other than the one for which hired.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the work day, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- Is subject to sudden temperature changes when entering refrigerator.
- May be exposed to heat/cold temperatures in kitchen/storage area.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- Maintains a liaison with other department supervisors to adequately plan for dietary services/activities.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
None require. On-the-job training provided.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
- Must have the ability to minimize waste of supplies, misuse of equipment, etc.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing dietary practices.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must maintain acceptable uniform requirements, including appropriate shoes according to facility policy.
Physical and Sensory Requirements: (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which include a medical and physical exam
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 40 pounds to a minimum height of 3 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 10 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.58 - $16.06 per hour
Staff & Visitors wear masks, test weekly, require vaccination and are provided fit tested PPE.
- Food handling: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location