REPORTS TO: Regional HR Manager
Proactively managing the performance and discipline processes in close coordination with plant operations management and employees in order to protect company interests and facilitate improvements in employee engagement, operation efficiency, productivity and safety. Fosters cross function collaboration with Benefits, HR, Legal, Payroll and Technology to advance tactical and strategic initiatives for the plant location. This position is responsible for Safety at their site.
Major tasks, responsibilities, and key accountabilities:
- Manage hourly and salary recruiting process.
- Heavy recruiting in the hourly production positions.
- Administer and process FMLA and leave of absence requests including timely notice of Employer's Response to Employee’s request.
- Manage disciplinary process for point system.
- Creating and maintain documentation for FMLA and Leave of Absences
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Maintain and oversee hourly and salary personnel records.
- Complete new hire orientation process and onboarding.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Manages employee relations counseling, new hire and exit surveys..
- Manage HRIS data to ensure compliance with hourly and salary employees.
- Provide metrics and data on headcount and turnover.
- Identify problems, formulate solutions and make recommendations to management.
- Establish and maintain an employee relations climate of trust and confidence.
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager or Vice President of Human Resources.
Minimum Role Qualifications
- Experience in hourly and salaried recruiting
- Experience in HRIS. Preferably UKG or Kronos.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Human Resources principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures.
- Generally accepted managerial practices and procedures
- Employee relations, training/development, safety, managerial, benefits administration and relocation principles and practices.
- Basic knowledge of the operation of the equipment and the flow of material throughout the plant.
- Must be knowledgeable of safety procedures and practices in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be knowledgeable of good manufacturing practices.
- Must have excellent time-management skills.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills. Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Email/Internet.
- Ability to create graphs and charts.
- High volume recruiting for a manufacturing facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/human resources or related field of study.
- 5-7 years of experience in a manufacturing setting required.
Universal Pure Is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Delphos, OH: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Human resources: 5 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: In person