Applications Development Project Lead
Immediate opening for an experienced Applications Development Lead with extensive experience leading application support, maintenance, upgrade support, cloud migrations using SDLC processes with an Agile emphasis.
- Lead a diverse team of technical and subject matter experts providing Application Development and Management support to include:
- Accelerating incremental application improvements using processes such as RapidUX, breaking a typical UX initiative into Agile sprints to deliver user and customer experience improvements faster.
- Using Agile DevSecOps development methodology to reliably develop functional requirements into working software, delivered on-time and fully tested.
- Using Agile COTS/GOTS development to deliver improved user experience and state-of-the-art solutions.
- Establishing metrics-driven, results-oriented software performance management approach to meet SLAs for low risk sustainment, high availability and quality delivery.
- Providing standardized, process-driven application sustainment to cost effectively manage system changes and leverage existing processes and templates to manage transition in a predictable and controlled manner.
- Using Infrastructure as Code (IAC) to allow simple tear down and re-provisioning of development environments in a matter of minutes to optimally and responsively support changing development team priorities.
- Leveraging cloud solutions to move costly application workloads from on-premise into the cloud for a flexible, scalable and cost-effective solution that meets future demands.
- Manage Cost, Schedule, Performance (Deliverables), Scope and Risk for the required project to deliver customer requirements;
- Work directly with the Government team daily to define requirements and use cases, adjust to changing priorities, and adapt to strategic challenges that influence focus of effort. Have the skill and ability to quickly respond to change over following a rigid plan;
- Interface with support functions including contracts, procurement, legal, logistics and HR to execute program and project activities. Conduct project Kickoff meetings, lead Weekly Status meetings and ensure the successful delivery of contract line items (CLINS);
- Work with and lead project team members and coordinate with functional leads to acquire matrixed support to provide necessary skills to complete project tasks and work packages. Demonstrate and further develop the skills and values of a collaborative leader;
- Prepare and deliver status reports, both written and verbal. Provide daily project updates to the customer Program Manager and management team.
Required Skills: Must be a U.S. Citizens
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years application development management experience;
- Experience/proficiency with Information Management tools such as MS Project, JIRA, Gitlab, etc.;
- Experience with oversight and implementation of applicable Federal controls and industry best practices.
- Reliable self-starter w/ability to follow instructions when needed and complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated superior analytical, problem solving, communication and presentation skills;
- Experience with SDLC, Agile Management, and Project Lifecycle.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and language skills (e.g., listening to others, speaking to others, reading, writing).
- Change management skills (e.g., learning agility, adapting to change).
- Results driven (being dependable, being persistent/overcoming barriers, being productive, being resourceful, demonstrating work ethic, drive to achieve goals.)
- Can work under pressure and commit to deadlines
- Experience with ITSM applications (Remedy, HEAT, HPSM, ServiceNow, etc.)
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, SharePoint, Project)
- CSM Certification
- ServiceNow experience (User or Integrator)
Job Type: Contract
- SDLC, Agile Mangement, & Project Lifecycle: 1 year (Required)
- application development management: 3 years (Required)
- Washington, DC (Required)
- Do you have a Public Trust Clearance?