The Director of Outside Sales (Acquisition/new business) is responsible for building exceptional client relationships and developing sales within large enterprise organizations – from strategy to execution. In this role you will assist clients in connecting leadership programs with organizational strategy through the use of multiple delivery modalities. The ideal candidate will always seek to understand the client’s needs and goals and assist in crafting solutions best tailored to the need in order to create the most effective outcome.
Required Skills and Experience
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, sales driven individual who has intense curiosity and passion for leadership and has sold intangible leadership programs in the past. A highly motivated, self-starter who is determined to showcase their sales skills and drive client acquisition, development and retention through a strong consultative sales process.
- 7+ Year track record of successful consultative sales / business development
- Must acquire new business, this role requires prospecting and hunting new business
- Building and growing existing client relationships
- Conducting presentations and key client meetings
- Assisting consultants with tactical delivery and organizational support
- Collecting customer and market feedback and tracking competitive offerings
- Driving both individual and regional team sales results
- Working collaboratively with consultants, fellow SAMs, Account Execs and business leaders to formulate client solutions
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Strong preference for those candidates with experience of selling Leadership and/or Consulting Services
Linkage works with leaders and leadership teams worldwide to build organizations that produce superior results. For over 30 years, we have delivered on this promise by aligning leadership, talent, and culture within organizations globally. We do this by providing consulting on leadership development and talent management topics and through our learning institutes, skill-building workshops, tailored assessment services, and executive coaching. Linkage is headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts with domestic and international operations.
Our entrepreneurial environment puts a priority on appreciating team members for their specific skills and encourages everyone on the team to take an active role in their own future. We offer a versatile and flexible work environment with virtual offices located throughout the US. Beyond a supportive and diverse environment, our team members receive numerous benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- “Dress for the day” policy, casual work environment
- Group term life insurance and voluntary supplemental life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
*Annual pay is made up of base + commission and will vary based on account or portfolio growth. Earnings are based on annual goal achievement.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $100,000.00 to $250,000.00 /year
- leadership develoment sales: 5 years (Required)
- outside sales: 5 years (Required)
- salesforce: 3 years (Required)