Possinger Law Group is a law firm dedicated to the service of small and medium sized businesses and the individuals that own and operate them. Since being founded in 2001, Possinger Law Group has counseled and represented hundreds of clients, including business organizations, individuals, and families. We apply our practical experience and legal knowledge to various issues pertaining to the following legal areas: Outside General Counsel Services, Business Law, Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution, Estate and Succession Planning.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Civil Litigation Paralegal to join our growing legal team. The paralegal will work directly with the managing member of the law firm as well as other staff and contract attorneys as needed. The ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible, and committed to helping us meet our clients’ needs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- General Summary: Prepare complex legal documents, correspondence, and chronologies under the supervision of one or more attorneys. Coordinate case activities. Develop and implement appropriate systems for collecting and organizing case materials. Maintain the confidentiality of client and law firm matters. This position supports attorneys who practice in the area of general civil litigation, both plaintiff and defense.
- Provide support to small team of attorneys by updating calendars, scheduling appointments, and docketing case events and deadlines. Oversee litigation and matter docketing system and actively communicate status and deadlines to attorneys.
- Select, implement and maintain appropriate systems for collecting and organizing case materials. Review and analyze case materials, including correspondence, pleadings, and other case documents and records; undertake all aspects of evidence management
- Assist with all stages of discovery, including the preparation of written discovery requests and responses. Document collection, review, and summarization. Managing document databases, preparing privilege logs and coordination with vendors to the law firm. Schedule, track, and review depositions.
- Conduct legal and factual research, including witness interviews. Prepare, analyze, summarize, and compile memoranda, timelines, and reports regarding findings.
- Prepare variety of legal documents, correspondence, chronologies and indices; including memoranda and other law office related documents.
- Prepare documents and exhibits for court hearings, trials, depositions, and mediations.
- Draft, proofread, finalize, and file pleadings and other court filings.
- Perform daily case management tasks, including general contact with clients, experts, witnesses and other parties; court personnel and other legal professionals.
- Assist in Client Screening Process.
- Use timekeeper software to appropriately bill for all time worked.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position involves recurring work situations with occasional variation from the normal to a high degree of complexity. Employee must perform all duties with minimal supervision. Overtime may be required during periods of heavy workload.
- Associate or Undergraduate Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate or experience demonstrating required skills.
- 5+ Years of Paralegal Experience.
- Works well with a team, but can think, work, and act independently with minimum supervision. Ability to prioritize tasks and finish work on a deadline.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an attention to detail.
- Proficient in law office software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat Professional, and Time and Billing Software. Knowledge of PCLaw and LiquidPlanner and/or Clio a plus, but not required.
- Substantial knowledge of legal terminology and court procedures; including a solid working knowledge of Federal and Washington State Court Rules and Local Rules.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to streamline processes and procedures.
- Professional appearance and demeanor a must.
This is a full-time position (40 Hours Per Week)
We offer a competitive compensation package.
Location: Downtown Woodinville; Office Setting.
If interested in this position and you have the experience described above, please send us a cover letter, resume, and writing sample along with compensation requirements by 05-31-2020. We confirm receipt of application materials, but will only contact potential candidates for interviews.
For more information about our firm, please visit us at www.possingerlaw.com.
If this position is not for you, please feel free to forward it on to a friend.
Advertisement Current as of 05-13-2020
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Paralegal: 5 years (Required)
- Paralegal Certificate (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19