A dynamic, fast growing self-storage business in the Savannah area is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, and meticulous Office Manager/Bookkeeper to be the right hand to company Executives. Must be able to manage A/P and other A/P staff, Payroll, Bank Reconciliations, Multiple General Ledger Management, scanning/filing and all administrative tasks, etc. The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of experience in Accounting and/or Office Manager roles, a minimum of 2 years of Payroll experience, have an Associate’s Degree or higher in accounting or similar field, be knowledgeable with Excel and Quickbooks, and work comfortably in a fast paced, high pressure environment. Must be able to wear many different hats and be flexible to assist, learn and take on other functions and duties as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
Reports and communicates all activities to the Director of Operations.
Ownership of administrative tasks, organizing the office and daily work flow of the oofice. Also ownership of the accounting functions including:
Timely, accurate and complete vendor payments with constant focus on process improvement
- Input daily vendor invoices
- Prepare and process weekly vendor payments
- Download and pay online bills
- Reconcile accounts payable balances as needed.
- 1099 prep at year-end
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Create invoices as needed
- Receive tenant and customer payments
- Monitor accounts receivable and make past due calls as needed
- Process bi-weekly payroll and create payroll journal entry using Paychex
- HR documentation
- Process new hires, status changes, direct deposit changes, tax changes, address changes, name changes, terminations
- Balance sheet account reconciliations & review. Ensure all reconciling items are cleared timely and accurately.
- Prepare daily bank reconciliations and research all expenditures
- Review company credit card reimbursements and monthly payment
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for all companies
- Prepare monthly intercompany reconciliations
- Prepare month end closing for all companies on time
- Prepare monthly P&L Reports for all companies
- Prepare all financial reports in Quickbooks as needed
- Adjusting and ad hoc journal entries as needed to support fiscal close processes.
- Maintain digital and paper files and documentation thoroughly and accurately
- Directly supervise accounting assistant and other office staff
- Assist with other projects and administrative work as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in team driven environment yet be able to work independently to complete daily expectations
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Written and communication skills including the ability to interact with vendors and employees in a timely and professional manner.
- Problem-solving skills
- Collaboration and team work
- Thorough knowledge of general accepted accounting principles and thorough understanding of accounting best practices
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word, and Quickbooks.
- Experience with Paychex Payroll preferred
- 2+ years of Payroll experience.
- 3+ years of Accounting experience
- Payroll: 3 years (Required)
- Accounts Payable: 3 years (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Benefits available after probationary period
- Healthcare-Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Benefits
- Paid time off and holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Quickbooks: 3 years (Required)
- Accounting: 4 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance