The Foreman, under the direction of the Concrete Superintendent & Project Manager carries out assignments related to concrete placement, finishing, curing and cutting, based on the proper selection of equipment, materials and finishing sequence needed to deliver an acceptable product.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise the planning, lay‐out, material storage, maintenance, and inspections of concrete finishing in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards.
- Plan and coordinate the efforts of the foremen and crewmen under his/her supervision and motivate them to accomplish the work safely, correctly and efficiently.
- Be able to perform all of the principal duties and accountabilities of craft workers under his/her supervision (general laborers/concrete form setters and concrete finishers).
- Lead and support all safety related processes and programs as requested.
- Engage with your work team to ensure we achieve zero injuries.
- Be proficient in scheduling, material control, estimating fundamentals, and job cost management in the Field Process Management System (FPMS).
- Be able to create and execute a schedule and monitor the craft employee’s work week schedule.
- Monitor/plan crew goals and proactively make changes necessary to keep crews on track with goals.
- Review and approve crew's timecards for correct hours and phase coding.
- Participate in incident investigations and report accidents and act to prevent future occurrences to project management and site safety.
- Assist in leading the investigation process as needed and review accidents and the causes with employees.
- Lead, complete, and sign off on daily pre‐job safety planning in the appropriate format. Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or mitigate hazards.
- Assure all crew members understand, participate, and sign all pre‐job safety planning tools at start and end of shift.
- Understand and respond appropriately to all safety hazards and warning devices
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Listen to other employees and supervisor's suggestions, complaints, problems, safety concerns and recommendations, evaluate each and then devise and implement a plan of action based on that evaluation.
- Consult with supervisor and if needed HR on any issues.
- Plan and communicate with superintendent to assure that an adequate supply of tools, materials and equipment are available.
- Hands-on performance as needed and not limited to the placement and finish of concrete, to include finishing, curing, and cutting of concrete slabs.
- Patching and repairing of concrete work, concrete restoration and concrete joint treatments. * Applications of floor toppings.
- Ensures floor finishes meet project requirements consistent with floor flatness and floor levelness.
- Proficient in the use of the following tools and has the knowledge to use the equipment at the proper time of the place-finishing sequence: straight edges to establish grade, bull floats, mops and Highway Straight Edges, float blades, combo blades, and finish blades.
- Hand tools for floor finishing, edging, joint tooling. Single and double trowel machines.
- Curing, pump and vibratory equipment. Walk-behind trowels and double riders. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all tools and equipment required. Ensures proper maintenance of place/finish equipment and tools.
- Work Environment: Outdoor working environment with constant exposure to extreme weather conditions: dirt, dust, fumes, and/or loud noises and high temperatures.
- Ability to read, understand and complete job related documents and forms via blue prints and use of tablet drawings and specifications.
- Know the abbreviated and common construction terms for the equipment and materials used
- Ability to calculate mathematical figures such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to deal with problems involving specific variables in standardized situations
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, balance, climb, crawl and pull
- Must have the ability to exert heavy physical effort, handing average weight objects up to 50 pounds
- Have own transportation
- Pay based on experience and capabilities.
DPR offers medical and dental insurance along with a 401(k) match for employees We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, as well as the chance to join a dynamic and growing organization.
DPR has been nationally recognized for its strong company culture, based on a well-defined purpose “We Exist to Build Great Things,” and four core values: integrity, enjoyment, uniqueness and ever forward. A flat, title-less organization that empowers people at all levels to make decisions, DPR ranked on FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for five consecutive years. For more information, visit http://www.dpr.com .