As one of the world‘s leading laboratory and pharmaceutical equipment providers, Sartorius is actively shaping dynamic, innovative and high-growth markets. Founded in 1870, the company earned sales revenue of more than 1.4 billion euros in 2017. More than 7,500 people work at the Group's approximately 50 manufacturing and sales sites, serving customers around the globe.
We currently have an opportunity for a Human Resources Client Service Partner (Generalist) to join our team at our Ann Arbor, MI location. In this key role you will perform both operational and tactical aspects of Human Resource related to the acquisition, development and retention of our company’s greatest resource – our employees. In this hands-on role you will perform general HR duties including employee relations, payroll, labor law compliance, etc. The incumbent will partner effectively with the HR Business Partner, Corporate Recruiter, and Managers to help the organization meet its goals through effective systems and HR management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Recruiting and Onboarding: Support recruiting process with Corporate Recruiter(s). Manage onboarding process and workflows. Conduct and continuously improve new hire onboarding meetings. Track and report key metrics. Continuously improve time to fill. Support AAP and Diversity program management.
- Benefits administration: Work with management to administer benefits programs to attract and retain talent. Conduct administration for retirement, wellness and health and welfare plans. Support open enrollment, make changes that result from qualifying events, handle COBRA, research benefits problems, and reconcile monthly bills.
- Reporting: Optimize use of, maintain and pull various reports from HRIS. System should be optimized for all areas of HR, including recruiting, onboarding, benefits administration, etc.
- Employee Leave Management: Intake and case management through to closure for FMLA, Disability, ADA, workers compensation cases, etc. Work with Third Party Administrators to manage programs. Proactively manage cases to closure, while minimizing risk to the company.
- Compliance: Maintain Affirmative Action Program, update Employee Handbook, write policies, etc. Ensure labor law posters are current and posted appropriately, including for remote staff. Conduct job analyses for FLSA and compliant job descriptions. Stay current with compliance requirements and send notices as needed.
- General HR and employee relations. Perform exit meetings, verify employment, help managers with disciplinary matters, maintain employee files, oversee implementation and completion of performance reviews, etc. Help managers interpret and enforce company policy. Pro-actively identify and correct any areas where managers are creating risk for the company and/or where the company is out of compliance.
- Act as a backup for HR Colleagues: recruiting, new employee onboarding and orientation, core values training, benefits administration, AAP plan administration, payroll, etc.
- Maintain acceptable level of working knowledge of current changes and trends in HR, company policy, benefits, all HR workflows and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required 2+ years of Human Resources experience, including recruiting, HRIS and general HR
- 2+ years of experience utilizing electronic HRIS systems
- 2+ years of experience with report writing
- Demonstrated working Proficiency in MS Office Suite (to include strong Excel skills)
- 2+ years of experience encompassing HR compliance (knowledge of and ability to conduct research on HR related compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws to include labor and wage laws, record retention and other essential compliance issues is required)
- Identification with our company values: SUSTAINABILITY, OPENNESS, ENJOYMENT
- Master’s degree
- Experience utilizing Ceridian (Dayforce) HRIS is a plus
- PHR or comparable HR, Payroll or Compensation certification is a plus
- Cognos experience is a plus
- Outstanding customer service and communications skills (written and verbal) are essential
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong reasoning/problem solving skills with the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Able to synthesize and communicate complicated information to all audiences
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels throughout the organization and develop productive relationships
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP here