Service Technicians will perform scheduled Service, Repair, Modifications and Total Field Support for Commercial Farming Equipment, maintaining customer relations and supporting the work of the other departments in the dealership.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repair and maintain Balers (Round and Square), Self-Propelled Wind Rowers, Diesel Engines, Disc Mowers and Planters, and other related agricultural vehicles and equipment.
- Will diagnose engine problems and repair or overhaul engines or other related mechanical or structural parts for a variety of equipment types.
- Will clearly explain to the Customer’s satisfaction (if called upon) the diagnosis and repair of the machine in question.
- Will respond promptly to customer needs and may assist or manage difficult customer situations
- Will continually seek both technical and product training when available
- Must be able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, improve and promote quality, and monitor own work to ensure quality
- Must observe all safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly.
- Shall continually seek both technical, product training and study/review all relevant product repair updates.
- Will maintain a clean and orderly shop and work shop area, collecting and disposing of trash as necessary. This includes inspection, cleaning and maintenance of all equipment used.
- Report any faulty equipment or hazards to the Shop Foreman or Service Manager. Communicate daily/weekly with supervisor the repair trends, comebacks and service problems.
- Treat management and other employees with respect and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Follow instructions and promptly respond to management direction.
- Work with integrity, always upholding the company's values.
- Perform related responsibilities / accountabilities as required or directed.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Prefer High School Diploma/GED, Associate's or higher degree.
- Proven Experience with Advanced Electronics, Diesel Engines, and/or Hydraulics is required.
- Ability to train and develop staff in different locations.
- Strong oral and written communications.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, vendors and Customers.
- Ability to professionally manage difficult customer situations.
- Ability to manage the completion of work orders in a timely manner.
- Must be able to travel to customer sites 50% - 100% of the work time.
- Must be able to work overtime.
- Must furnish own set of tools.
Job Type: Full-time
- Service Technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)