For over 25 years, a leading Southern California Electronic Manufacturing Service (EMS) company, whose services include design engineering, PCB assembly, electro-mechanical assembly and systems integration has been providing manufacturing services to the industrial, medical, aerospace and automotive markets. The Company has an excellent Test Engineer opportunity due to exceptional growth over the past two years.
- Lead the troubleshooting activities. Investigate the cause of failures and fix the defect at top level assembly, sub-level assembly, PCBA board level, and or components. Ensure troubleshooting is scheduled and completed on time.
- Support production test activities by setting up and operating a wide variety of electrical test equipment. Verify and validate test systems as required.
- Reviews, evaluates and updates test procedures. Provide test labor for quoting as required.
- Analyze test data and make recommendation for improvement. Create test reports as required.
- Maintain and trouble shoot test equipment as needed.
- Train/cross-train test and troubleshooting techniques with Production test team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- B.S. Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent and five or more years of relevant experience. Experience in contract electronics manufacturing preferred.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of electronics test and analyzing equipment including oscilloscopes, analyzers, power supplies, meters and any other special electronics test equipment necessary for testing, analyzing and/or troubleshooting/repairing.
- Excellent electronics troubleshooting skills. Ability to read and understand circuit and wiring diagrams, technical specifications and electronics test procedures
- Test and development experience with ICT, flying probe, boundary scan, function and system test.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a highly demanding environment. Ability to prioritize and schedule production test and troubleshooting activities.
- Experience with test equipment IQ, OQ and PQ preferred.
- Electronic soldering and workmanship experience preferred.
- Good team work and effective oral and written communication skills needed.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Job Type: Full-time