The Assistant Controller will report directly to the Farm Controller and will be responsible for directing and coordinating all accounting activities and supervising the farm accounting staff.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Actively involved in the monthly closing process
- Performs inventory valuation, inventory reconciliations and other non-inventory account reconciliations monthly
- Reviews and prepares numerous journal entries
- Prepares detailed analysis of monthly financial results
- Prepares monthly financial workpapers
- Prepares monthly financial statements
- Oversees inventory adjustments by accounting staff
- Prepares financial analysis and reports for senior management.
- Analysis of capital purchases and payback.
- Maintain working relationships with customers, vendors, corporate, and farm office.
- Supervise a team of employees in support of Threemile Canyon Farm’s operations, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; assisting employees in career growth and development.
- Prepares and monthly financial statement PAKS for the Northwest and Corporate offices.
- Prepares accrual to cash conversions for income tax planning and preparation.
- Prepares foot notes for annual financial statements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a college or university is required.
- Three to five years accounting experience
- Supervisory experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- Great Plains Accounting Software: 1 year (Preferred)
- Supervisory: 1 year (Required)
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture