From the beginning, we set out to recreate the softness and simplicity of our favorite vintage tee. Rooted in sustainable and eco-friendly practices, we use proprietary fabrics and specialty washes to make one-of-a-kind pieces that you will want to wear today and tomorrow and the day after.
As the Custom Account Manager, you will initiate Alternative’s custom product requests and identify opportunities to grow our custom channel. You will be one of the primary point of contacts for custom inquiries and will prioritize custom opportunities for internal teams. This role works closely with Alternative’s Sales, Design, Product Development, Planning, and Purchasing teams. This role has strong ties with domestic and international vendors and reports to the Custom Manager.
- Identify opportunities to grow Alternative’s custom business.
- Respond to custom inquiries from inside and outside sales teams, as well as customers.
- Determine if we should pursue a custom opportunity based on the return.
- Perform cost analyses and quote pricing for custom orders, following gross margin guidelines and customer requirements.
- Collaborate with Marketing team to build and promote custom product marketing strategy.
- Prioritize custom opportunities for internal teams.
- Streamline the custom order process for internal and external teams and document SOP.
- Research and outline best practices for custom apparel. Merchandise custom assortments, as needed, for strategic and key accounts.
- Collaborate with Sales team on custom requests; ensuring we can fulfill customer needs from a design, production and delivery standpoint.
- Assist sales team in presenting custom opportunities to potential clients.
- Communicate & Collaborate custom needs to internal teams including Design, Product Dev., Purchasing, and Planning.
- Develop Line Plan for custom programs based on hindsighting, trend research, and customer needs.
- Provide feedback to design and development for customer requests.
- Create and Maintain custom calendars for specific ongoing custom accounts.
- Ensure key dates are being met for custom opportunities and oversee custom key date calendar.
- Facilitate customer sample approvals which includes cataloging, photographing, and shipping samples to customer in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Planning to project custom needs monthly for bulk materials & capacity.
- Track custom business and report on performance and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Fashion, preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years of wholesale apparel experience with knowledge of quality, product development, & factory processes.
- Good understanding of Vendor Capabilities, Lead-times, transit times and fabric options.
- Experience managing customer accounts and calendar.
- Experience managing vendor relationships including international vendors.
- Strong communication skills with excellent problem-solving, decision-making, and time management skills.
- Highly self motivated and able to quickly adapt.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Project Management adept.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: