Rhythmix is seeking a savvy social media marketing associate with a passion for creative communication. Ideally, you like to write/edit/post content, are an active participant in various online social networks, and enjoy the art of storytelling. You would take ownership of social media marketing on a variety of platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google AdWords, YouTube, etc. and post relevant material on behalf of the organization. Preferred candidate can work collaboratively as part of a team and independently, and has strong time management, communication, writing, and organizational skills. You are self-motivated, driven and have a strong fluency in social media metrics, benchmarks and analytics.
Primary Responsibilities: Develop, implement and manage integrated marketing, communications and publicity strategies in support of RCW’s special events. Oversee management of social media content, ad copy, event promotion, messaging and delivery across multiple platforms via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Google Ad Words. Work with RCW staff to brainstorm, generate creative messaging, marketing and advertising strategies. Create engaging content and social media campaign schedules and execution across a variety of platforms for multiple events.
Qualifications: Experience in social media marketing, preferably in the music/arts industry.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and professional demeanor.
- Exceptionally well-organized, attentive to detail and capable of multi-tasking effectively.
- Willing to take initiative and work both collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and switch quickly between different projects with tight deadlines.
- Thrive in a small but upbeat team-driven environment.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field or equivalent experience
- Please submit writing samples with resume and cover letter. Thank you!
Open since 2007, Rhythmix Cultural Works is a nonprofit community arts center in Alameda where diverse cultures come together to perform, inspire, teach and interact. With a flexible 150-seat theater, gallery space and classroom, Rhythmix supports local, regional and international artists in the presentation of their work, and encourages broad participation in the arts. The venue has presented performances by award-winning artists such as Mads Tolling, John Santos, Caminos Flamencos, Will Durst, Brenda Wong Aoki and Gamelan Sekar Jaya, among many others. Annually, the organization produces and hosts dozens of live performances, art exhibitions, community events, classes, workshops and seasonal camps for youth, families and adults. Located five minutes from downtown Oakland (just off I-880 at Fruitvale) at 2513 Blanding Avenue, Alameda, CA 94501.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Social Media Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused