We are looking for a DevOps engineer who is willing to take our infrastructure to the next level. This means you will take charge and build tools that will streamline our deployment pipelines for continuous delivery of software, ability to setup, maintain and scale our different services as needed. You will be our microservices champion, our automation champion, our server-side scripting champion and our chef/ansible champion. You will need to build tools to monitor our infrastructure, identify bottlenecks and propose solutions. You will need to continuously improve the reliability and efficiency of our infrastructure.
You will be part of the team that forms the backbone of Givelify’sengineering. As a DevOps Engineer, you will come to realize that Givelifyis and always will be an engineering company. You will have the opportunity to work in multiple and diverse projects and technologies at scale. You will help architect the systems that power Givelify’sexponentially growing philanthropic platform. Our engineers use their broad set of technical skills to take on some of technology’s toughest challenges and truly make a meaningful impact in the world.
- Build tools that streamline development and deployment. Be our Jenkins, Chef and microservices champion.
- Develop a comprehensive containerization and deployment strategy that optimizes our CI/CD pipeline and reduces our response time to production issues
- Build and maintain monitoring and alerting systems and escalation process
- Help manage cloud infrastructure including, manage and automate snapshot generation, syncing of data, successful running of cronjobs
- Automate infrastructure failure, recovery and cloud Linux instance startup procedures
- Build tools that engineers can leverage for test automation, data logging, and visualization
- Maintain changes to database systems
- Identify infrastructure bottlenecks proactively
- Build and maintain highly-available distributed applications
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience with AWS
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins)
- Strong root cause analysis skills
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Familiarity with database concepts
- MA/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Has a strong eye for process and documentation
- Familiarity with Agile build and development process
- Love open source development, and have contributed to some project somewhere (doesn't have to be ours), whether through mailing lists, patches, documentation, etc.
- Enjoy working remotely and the communication it requires
- Object-orienteddevelopment experience in PHP, Java, Python
Job Type: Full-time