RECEPTIONIST POSITION DESCRIPTION
Objectives of the Position: As an ambassador of Jesus Christ, to promote a positive impression of Pregnancy Choices by assisting those making contact via email, phone, chat, in person, or through other means. In addition, this position supports the smooth functioning of the agency by assisting with administrative and clerical tasks.
Reports to: CampusDirector for daily directives, shift change requests and evaluations
Status: Part-time – 24 hrs/week *hours may grow as site needs change
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as
Savior and Lord.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual purity.
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Commitment of Care and Competence, Core Values, Statement of Faith, and policies of the center.
- Be dependable and committed to the pregnancy center ministry
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Publisher) and be comfortable learning Google platform, if unknown.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Keep information confidential.
- Be able to perform routine and assigned clerical duties.
- Answer phone calls in a calm, friendly and welcoming manner. Route calls appropriately.
- Document accurate and complete information for call-backs or texts.
- Schedule appointments in Athena and Waycoolaccording to the guidelines and procedures of Pregnancy Choices.
- Greet clients.Keep them apprised of any delay in appointments. Offer refreshments if available.
- Instruct client to read and complete initial forms and collect exit /feedback forms.
- Keep necessary staff informed of all unusual appointments or calls.
- Abide by the appointment reminder schedule.
- Manage the reception area. Accept mailing parcels; adjust music, vacuum and dust, empty shredder and trash regularly, etc. Keep appropriate reading material current –remove anything inappropriate.
- Assist in training and overseeing volunteer receptionists, delegating clerical jobs based on the individual’s skills.
- Answer Google text line.
- Attend Volunteer Training, 21 hour assignment and familiarize with all reception policies and procedures.
- Attend volunteer in-service meetings as scheduled.
- Anticipate stock needs for ordering, i.e.; toilet paper, specimen cups, pregnancy tests, cleaning supplies, coffee and condiments, etc.
- Receive and process incoming donations.
- Log client visits/appointments into stat spreadsheet.
- Stock brochures in waiting area.
- Maintain light, inviting atmosphere in waiting area with appropriate music.
- Sanitize and put toys away after guests leave.
- Attend monthly Client Service team meetings (3rdWednesday/mo. 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.)
- Attend monthly staff meetings (1stWednesday/mo. 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.)
- Attend occasional conferences if requested.
- Take client advocate appointments as necessary.
- Be willing to reception another location during sickness or personal need.
- Be available for additional responsibilities to assist other employees if time allows.
- Assist in events as needed.
- Report to Campus Director regarding building concerns for maintenance.
Job Type: Part-time
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)