Conair is the leading producer of auxiliary equipment for plastics processing in the world. We make and market over 450 different products, including resin-drying systems, blenders, feeders and material-conveying systems, temperature-control equipment and granulators. Extrusion solutions include gravimetric control systems, film and sheet scrap-reclaim systems and downstream equipment for pipe and profile extrusion. Conair is also a leader in plastics process integration, engineering and installing complete manufacturing systems that help plastics processors manage their valuable raw materials, handle their critical manufactured parts, and improve their process yield.
The Field Service Technician will troubleshoot and repair, start up, provide training, and perform preventative maintenance on Conair Group products. This position reports to the Field Service Supervisor and is located primarily in the field. Home location could be Charlotte, NC, Pittsburgh, PA, Detroit, Michigan, Indianapolis, IN, Atlanta, GA, Philadelphia, PA, Memphis, TN, Nashville, TN or Chicago, IL.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform startup/training, troubleshoot and repair inoperable equipment, and perform preventative maintenance on Conair equipment at customer sites;
- Arrange, schedule, and perform travel to and from jobsite; this includes both domestic and international locations;
- Document all actions and expenses, including service reports, Startup checklists, expense reports, product alterations, and other documentation as assigned;
- Provide technical telephone support to customers, sales force, and other technicians, and update Conair’s FMS (ServiceMax) accordingly;
- Research and secure answers to problems;
- Conduct formal training classes for customers;
- Provide after-hours technical support as part of an on call rotation;
- Practice Conair service ethics concerning safety, attitude, appearance, conversation, and quality of work;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Associate degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology (or related field) and/or five (5)+ years of direct work experience with industrial equipment;
- Must have a strong background with programming and troubleshooting PLCs of various brands;
- Must be able to read electrical wiring diagrams;
- Must have strong mechanical abilities;
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and provide high-quality customer service;
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and multitask;
- Must be able to effectively evaluate and respond appropriately to situations to the benefit of the customer in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sales Force, SAP, and AutoCAD;
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a continuous improvement environment.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- You will be expected to frequently (21% to 50% of the time):
- Lift objects from one level to another (over 80 lbs.)
- Carry objects (over 80 lbs.)
- Sit in a normal seated position
- Climb stairs, ramps, ladders, etc.
- Stoop/crouch by bending your legs or bending down/forward at the waist
- Reach by extending the hands/arms
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- You will be expected to constantly (at least 51% of the time):
- Stand on your feet
- Walk around the facility on foot
- Understand, remember, apply, and communicate oral and/or written instructions or information
- Understand and follow basic instructions
- Organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology
Conair Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time