LocusView is a fast-growing mobile application start-up serving the energy and pipeline industries. We develop and deploy solutions for collecting, visualizing, and analyzing data for capital construction projects. Our products are leading the way in an industry at the beginning of their digital revolution.
LocusView is building a world-class team of mobile and geospatial professionals who are passionate about developing and delivering solutions that solve real-world problems for critical infrastructure. We offer a relaxed yet stimulating work environment.
LocusView is a fast-paced company where employees have the opportunity to use their creativity and innovation daily. We believe in our people, and we provide the resources and opportunities for them to explore and grow.
We are seeking a Web Developer to join our reporting team in the development of a spatial report generation engine. This is an ongoing project for a Fortune 500 company that will use this deliverable as part of their critical infrastructure installations. This project will require a person that is innovative and can bring a creative approach to solving complex problems. The role will also support legacy and existing reports.
- Collaborate with engineers, UI/UX designers, and product owners to design, develop, test, and deliver new features and enhancements in a fast-paced agile environment
- Collaborate with internal teams to debug and refactor software
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Develop high-quality web applications by producing well documented, clean, and efficient code (maintainable and testable)
- Taking the initiative to learn and expand your technical and professional skills
- 1-year experience with SQL/MySQL and database clients/tools.
- 1-year experience practicing source control with Git and GitHub/Bitbucket.
- Experience with jsreport, Handlebars.js, axios, and Moment preferred.
- Experience working with APIs and Postman preferred
- Experience with OpenLayers, d3.js, Turf.js/jsts, and other web mapping or geospatial libraries preferred.
- Familiarity with spatial analysis, geospatial calculations, and optimization techniques.
- Strong programming fundamentals (data structures, algorithm design, software design)
- Highly motivated self-learner
Benefits and Perks
- 401k with an employer match (up to 3.5%)
- Casual work environment
- Office located close to CTA buses, trains and Metra stations
- Working in the West Loop neighborhood with great food, drinks, and coffee all within walking distance.
Job Type: Temporary
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)