Situated in modern new headquarters in downtown Cleveland, Stark Enterprises is a full-service real estate development company with the highest level of expertise in acquisition, development, leasing, and property management. We are seeking a skilled and accomplished Paralegal to focus on the leasing of over 5 million square feet of commercial real estate. This position is situated in our in-house Legal Department working hand-in-hand with our attorneys and lease administrators. This is a challenging but rewarding position with an excellent total rewards package.
Work with the Corporate Legal Department in the preparation of documents in connection with real estate development and property management.
Essential Functions: Handles matters regarding the lease, financing, purchase and sale of property including, but not limited to the following:
· Draft and negotiation of retail and office lease agreements and amendments.
· Review other corporate agreements including sponsorship agreements, license agreements, purchase and sale agreements, easements and other legal documentation.
· Prepare real estate closing documents including closing checklists.
· Review of title documents, surveys, environmental reports and other due diligence items.
· Abstract documents for lease agreements, acquisition and disposition transactions.
· Request quotes for and orders title, survey, and other real property reports in connection with acquisition, disposition and financing.
· Work in conjunction with corporate attorneys, lease administrators, and others as needed with regard to real estate and real estate financing legal matters.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree and Paralegal Certification is preferred.
· Minimum 5 years of hands-on industry experience, preferably in an in-house legal department.
· Strong familiarity with retail and office leases.
· Experience reviewing legal contracts.
· Professional interaction with clients and vendors.
· Strong work ethic; “can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
· Ability to prioritize assignments while delivering consistent, quality work-product.
· Ability to work with little supervision and to seek help when needed.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Highly proficient in MS office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
Job Type: Full-time
- paralegal: 5 years (Required)
- Paralegal Certificate (Preferred)