Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm has four designated practice areas with extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in Europe. Often combining resources from two or more practice areas, PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to solve their challenges or pursue opportunities. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
- Reports to Senior Manager/Director of IT and Cloud Operations who is responsible for the operations and execution of all IT Services and Hosted Data Center initiatives to ensure the Senior Manager/Director remains knowledgeable of all operations and execution related issues.
- Responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of multi-user DC infrastructure which includes servers, network and storage.
- Performs change mgmt., incident mgmt. and config mgmt. for day to day on-prem DC & Cloud operations including installation, configuration, maintenance and performance tuning for supported technologies.
- Self-motivated professional with 5-8 years of experience in working as IT Data Center & Cloud Engineer
- Identifies as IT Systems Point of Contact for DC technologies focused on the IT operations
- Clear understanding and experience in working with DC technologies including Virtualization, Compute, network and storage technologies.
- Uses organizational technical skills and established company practices for optimizing productivity through following and improving upon the established IT operational processes.
- Works closely with the IT Services Departments to follow new practices and technologies in order to advance the state-of-the-art and drive continuous process improvement.
- Research, evaluate and recommend software and hardware products to aid stability and availability of IT systems including documenting system configuration.
- 6+ Years of hands on experience with:
o Windows Servers
o Virtualization - VMWare
o Firewalls (Fortinet, Palo Alto, etc.)
o Network switches and routers (Cisco, Brocade) and Load balancers (F5)
o Storage Platforms (SAN/NAS, etc.)
- Experience with JIRA, Remedy, in an Agile shops, DevSecOps
- Security and Compliance experience with SOX and HIPPA
- Experience working with group of Systems Engineers on a variety of IT and on-prem DC projects
- Has worked with other IT Services disciplines and program managers within a matrix organization in a systems-based approach to IT operations and products
- Technical background in On-prem and Cloud Data Center Compute, Storage and Network Systems
- Ability communicate well at many levels to the peers and to the management with no ambiguity
- Multi-task across many concurrent activities with frequent pop-ups
- Understanding of business strategy and Process implementation and improvement.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies preferred
- Experience with AWS S3 & RDS, Web services and APIs and in RESTful and SOAP. is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in MIS, IT, Computer Science or other technology oriented major
5-8 years of prior experience with hands on technical experience; Ability to work with group of IT Systems Engineers and System Administrators on a variety of projects; Experience in coordinating activities with other IT services disciplines and program managers within a matrix organization in a systems-based approach to IT Products and Operations
Industry level certification on ITIL processes and DC Operations such as Virtualization, Network, SAN is a plus