- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the supervisor, nurse aides, volunteers and residents and be willing to help where needed.
- Have knowledge of the activities planned and work towards involving residents. Seek new ideas and adjust activities to the needs if the residents.
- Help to get rooms decorated with pictures, TV, radio or whatever needed to stimulate residents.
- Meet with a consultant as needed to help with planning new activities.
- Understanding how activity and social go hand-in-hand to promote socialization among residents and utilize input from social services regarding the needs of the resident.
- Understand the chain of command, but be aware that the activity department is ultimately responsible for resident activity attendance and to properly utilize authority in striving for maximum attendance.
- Make an initial evaluation at admission to determine the resident’s interests and include family as needed. Use this information as the team gets together to plan the resident’s care. Set goals and review them at least quarterly.
- Progress notes should be written at least quarterly and as needed when something pertinent happens regarding residents ability to participate in new or different activities.
- See that resident has make-up applied as they desire and their hair combed each day. Also see that hair care is provided as needed such as permanents and haircuts.
- Plan and carry out fund-raisers as needed to have money for the activity fund for specific projects.
- Encourage participations of staff, family, residents and volunteers.
- Decorate the facility for each month pertaining to the season or holiday.
- Work with people in the community to seek out volunteers and always see that people are sent thank you notes.
- Do one-on-one visiting with residents that are unable to participate in group activities.
- Order supplies as needed for the activity program.
- Spend extra time with new admissions to make them feel welcome and make them aware of all their choices regarding activities.
- Help see that all residents are dressed nice and hair done when going for an outing.
- Try to get residents that are able out of the facility as much as possible, such as restaurant outings.
- Strive to have residents involved in activities that will help with orientation, validation and stimulate cognitive ability.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour
- Nurse Aide/Activity Certificate (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts