SCD Information Technology is currently seeking a Network Engineer. The Network Engineer will be part of a growing team and participate in performing services to enable all aspects of the network to include maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of complex internetwork issues.
What the right person will enjoy:
- Family Oriented company
- Work Flexibility
- Longevity and uncapped career growth
- The opportunity to work on a mix of products
- 401k Plan
- $5,000 in Tuition Reimbursement
- 100% Paid Benefits for you and your family that qualify*
Apply today if you have:
- TS with Current Polygraph
- Eight (8) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, or equivalent, certification or higher required.
- Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices, such as firewalls, switches, routers, cabling, Cisco, Brocade, or Juniper devices is a plus.
- Facilitate the evaluation, design, and implementation of secure, high-speed, scalable, fault-tolerant network topologies as applicable to CAN and LAN designs.
- Design, integrate, configure, deploy, test, and maintain numerous types of network devices, interfaces, and technologies.
- Possess strong working knowledge and understanding of network protocols and technologies, to include QoS, MPLS, VLAN, VPN, VRF, VSS, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, and other dynamic protocols.
- Participate in network solution review processes and conduct prototyping, integration, testing, and certification of solutions in a lab environment.
- Draft technical requirements, engineering documents, configuration documents, training manuals, and troubleshooting processes, updating as needed.
- Work with System engineers, customers, and cross-organizational teams to refine requirements.
- Perform Tier-3 engineering NOC support to investigate, troubleshoot, and restore any customer services outage or fault.
- Perform detailed failure analysis to determine root cause and follow-up activities.
- Optimize end-to-end system performance (e.g., capacity, margins, data quality, etc.) and dataflow management.
- Possess strong communication skills, as well as excellent teaming skills and a positive, customer-focused attitude.
- Serve as a role model to less experienced personnel.
Job Type: Full-time
- Network Engineering: 8 years (Required)
- Network Protocol: 8 years (Required)
- Switching: 8 years (Preferred)
- Security+ (Required)
- CCNP (Required)
Security Clearance Required: