With limited supervision, the Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the FOH/BOH functions in a restaurant, including appearance, presentation, customer experience and professional leadership and direction to employees.
- Assist with staffing level and determining which staff are assigned to each shift.
- Manages all employees to maintain high employment quality standards consistent with the Outback brand including, but not limited to, hiring, development, counseling, promotion, discipline, and termination as appropriate.
- Share the vital responsibility to recruit, interview and hire Outbackers to staff your restaurant.
- Champion our development paths for all Outbackers so that they can reach their career goals. These development paths provide the roadmaps for our internal management promotions.
- Enforce safety and sanitary practices and maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances; all health inspections meet required state standards. The operational basics and standards are adhered to with total commitment and passion through providing direction and guidance to employees.
- Actively participates as a member of the management team.
- Responds to guest comments and seeking the opportunity to build guest count while educating and empowering other Outbackers to act in a similar capacity.
- Sets excellent customer service and work examples.
- Demonstrate knowledge of entire menu and preparation.
- Engage in community and market-related opportunities at the restaurant.
- One (1) year previous restaurant management experience
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Minimum age 21 years.
Benefits & Perks 101:
You will automatically receive:
- One (1) year previous experience in full service (including bar) restaurant management
- Certification in food safety.
- Willingness to relocate within the assigned region.
- Computer skills.
You can choose to participate in the following:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Core Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Core Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Adoption Assistance Benefits
- Paid Time Off - All-inclusive time off program; the first-year award prorated based on hire date. Annual allotment based on years of service
- We are closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day to spend time with family and friends
- Meal Comp Program that can be used at any of our four concepts, giving you a discount on meals
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Supplemental Term Life and Voluntary AD&D
- Buy-Up Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- MetLaw Legal Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan which includes a discretionary company match
- Team Member Discounts (dining, cell phones, electronics, flowers, sporting events, etc.)
is not just a restaurant company – we’re a company of unique, founder-inspired restaurants. All of our brands were founded by entrepreneurs who have a genuine passion for food and a desire to share hospitality with others.
is our Australian-themed restaurant is internationally known for award-winning steaks, the Bloomin' Onion and a wide variety of chicken, ribs, and seafood. Our menu also features new creations and grilled classics that are made from scratch daily using only the highest quality ingredients and prepared just the way you like it. #Bloomwithus
Bloomin’ Brands, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Associates or better.
1 year: Restaurant management experience
Licenses & Certifications
ServSafe Sanitation Cert