EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Adult Education, Instructional Design, Human Resources, Engineering Technology or a related field. Must be ASE Master Transit Bus Certified and have a CDL.
- a minimum of four years of experience developing and conducting technical training programs.
- In lieu of Bachelor's degree ten years of experience, preferably in a transit related field, as an instructor/instructional designer with supervisory responsibilities may be substituted.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises the activities of instructional teams.
- Designs, develops, or acquire training programs and materials for conducting classroom and on the job simulations, maintenance, and transportation training.
- Provides consulting to Director and General Superintendents of Bus Maintenance to define instructional needs to support accomplishment of Operations performance objectives.
- Evaluates subordinate instructors' performance. Implements branch performance measurement system.
- Assists Training Chief in the development of operating and/or capital budget and tracking.
- Organizes activities and related work to meet established branch objectives and priorities in support of overall division/organization goals.
- Keeps abreast of the latest performance improvement technologies and maintains complete and accurate records, documents, and other technical reports to aid in establishing acceptable process requirements.
- May conduct training programs for maintenance personnel, bus operators, line supervisors, and contract personnel.
- Performs various administrative functions in support of Division and Office goals and objectives.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be ASE Master Transit Bus certified. Must maintain certification for the duration of tenure in position.
- Commercial Drivers License required.
Job Type: Full-time
- developing& conducting technical training programs: 4 years
- CDL & ASE Master Transit Bus Certified
Required work authorization: