Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
Directly supervises employees in the Warehouse/Shipping & Receiving and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing concerns, resolving problems and strive for continuous improvement.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, directs and oversees the accomplishment of assigned work through subordinate Leads to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining product quality.
- Enforces conformance to specifications and compliance to work instructions to meet customer orders.
- Oversees the coordination of distribution schedules and estimates the overall requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Monitor inventory levels and communicate low levels concerns to buyers to prevent stock outs.
- Organize and participate in physical inventory counts.
- Reviews sales orders and interprets specifications of job orders. Assigns duties and adjusts workload as needed.
- Confirm accuracy of materials prepared for shipment against information contained in picking lists.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product, using continuous improvement methods.
- Drives changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Motivates workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records, including housekeeping, material variance, inventory requirements and downtime database and communication from other Warehouses.
- Collaborates with other Leads, Department Heads and Account Representatives to coordinate activities of individual departments and resolve customer related issues.
- Perform the same work duties as those supervised or perform more difficult or skilled tasks to assist in their performance.
- Additional duties/projects as required.
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates Degree from a college or university; or
- High School Diploma with 4 years equivalent experience
- 3-5 years working experience in a manufacturing, warehouse or similar industrial environment
- 2-3 years in a supervisory or leadership role
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills are needed
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP experience is preferred
- Must be willing to work independently as well as in a team environment
Working conditions are normal for a non-climate controlled warehouse environment.
Constant walking, standing, bending, twisting, pulling, reaching, and stooping.