Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The IT Help Desk Support Technicianwill take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution. (S)he will research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues. Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams. Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers. Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues. Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps, creating knowledge base articles when appropriate, for routine issues. Participate in rotating on-call coverage or emergency response. Be familiar with regulatory & security standards, best practices and company requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides first and second level technical response for urgent and routine hardware and software problems.
- Utilize technical expertise to diagnose and resolve problems related to staff computers, printers, store technologies (scanners, scales, POS system, printers, etc.) and basic networking issues.
- Demonstrate appropriate level of productivity, and ability to handle variety of workloads as they arise.
- Participate in project implementations by completing assigned tasks.
- Ability to handle additional project work while without impacting productivity to standard calls essential.
- Deploys new and replacement computers, printers and other peripherals. Ensuring staff satisfaction, accuracy, timelines, and priority are all met.
- Conducts one-on-one training with staff as needed, on the use of computer hardware and software applications.
- Stay current on technology advancements, emerging standards and regulations, and industry trends.
- Keep documentation of systems and network configurations, and procedures up to date.
- Must maintain working knowledge of wide range of Fresh Thyme Farmers Market applications and technologies
- Participate in the development and administration of workflow processes and update hardware inventory information
- Assist in the maintenance of system hardware inventory modules, the distribution of reports, and the uploading of inventory information
- Coordinate all Technology Support-related product/service support activities, systems and network maintenance/outages
- Recommend ways to improve product and service support capabilities
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field preferred
- A+, Network+, and/or MCP certifications are a plus
- Previous Support/Help desk experience required
- 3 years of experience in technology support required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Performs professional-level analysis, evaluation or research applying basic concepts, practices, theories of areas within information systems
- Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of information systems. Frequently uses and applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with an emphasis on the Company's interests.
- Demonstrate Adaptability and Desire to Learn -- Works productively in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty. Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in response to obstacles, constraints, adversity, and mistakes. Constructively and resourcefully adapts to changing needs, conditions, priorities or opportunities. Seeks out opportunities to learn from new discoveries, innovations, ways of looking at things, knowledge, and ideas. Invites and incorporates feedback, without becoming defensive.
- Perform Professional Analysis -- Integrates information from a variety of sources to arrive at a broader understanding of issues (e.g., company reports plus in-store observations). Defines issues clearly despite incomplete or ambiguous information. Identifies the key issues in moderately complex problems. Approaches problems or issues systematically, looking for connections, trends, and potential causes. Probes and looks past symptoms to determine the underlying causes of problems and issues.
- Plan and Execute -- Executes plans (e.g., action steps, timelines) to accomplish objectives. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results. Holds him/herself and team accountable for outcomes (e.g., achieving goals and complying with policies and procedures). Anticipates and addresses obstacles.
- Produce Results -- Initiates decisive, timely action to address important issues. Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and a commitment to achieving meaningful results. Sets challenging, clear goals/targets and expectations for achieving business results. Drives initiatives/efforts to successful completion and closure. Takes personal responsibility to make decisions and take action.
- Satisfy the Customer -- Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. Seeks feedback from customers to identify improvement opportunities. Follows up with customers to ensure
problems are solved. Continually searches for ways to improve customer service.
- Use Professional Judgment -- Makes logical, rational, and integrative decisions, and arrives at sound conclusions. Chooses the best alternative(s) based on a review of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing, and probabilities. Evaluates the consequences and implications of alternatives, actions, or decisions (e.g., impact on sales, returns, customer loyalty). Makes timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness.
- May communicate with outsourced team(s) when working on issues or tasks. Frequent inter-organizational team contacts on routine matters.
Job Type: Full-time