The HR Generalist will provide support to the Americas organization including support for the Product Platform and Business Development Organizations as well as general support the Americas HR Leaders. This role reports to an HR Manager in the Americas and is located in Carmel, IN at the Allegion headquarters.
- Responsible for salaried non-exempt and hourly recruitment to include job postings, scheduling interviews, conducting phone screens, background check processing, preparing offer letters, completion of new hire paperwork (including I-9 paperwork)
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure salaried exempt requisitions are being routed in the system accurately, new hire paperwork completed (including I-9 paperwork) and follow up on any open items associated with new hire process
- Conduct new hire orientations for all remote employees
- Coach managers and employees on Employee Self Service and Manager Self Service
- Write job profiles and partner with compensation for salary market analysis as needed
- Reporting and analysis for HR processes to include performance management process, annual compensation/benefit planning & employee engagement survey
- Provide support to HR VP as needed for overall business analysis, tracking of HR programs, presentation preparation and employee issue resolution
- Provide support for Americas business for annual processes such as PMP Process Reporting, Calibration decks, Merit Process Reporting, and Growth Roadmaps
- Manage Weekly and Monthly Americas Reporting to include: HR Scorecard, Requisition Reports, and Engagement reporting i
- Identify process and execute onboarding for Americas new hires and act as support resource for questions regarding onboarding issues
- Support Talent programs such as Mentor Program, and early career programs such as Sales Development Program, Specification Writer Apprentice Program and Intern programs
- Project work as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Human Resources, Labor/Industrial Relations, Management, Psychology, Finance, Business, or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in general Human Resources: employee relations, talent acquisition and management, change management, compensation, benefits, etc.
- Broad HR Generalist skills, including: compensation and benefits, employee relations, recruiting, local and federal law knowledge
- Experience with HRMS – Workday Preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff and professionals and remote employees
- Detail-orientated, organized, with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong problem solving, conflict management, influencing skills, and change management skills
- Strong ability to manage priorities and multi-tasking skills
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370