OSI Systems and its subsidiaries is a vertically integrated provider of specialized electronic systems and for components that meet the critical needs in the homeland security, healthcare, defense, and aerospace industries. As a global company, we are dedicated to developing solutions for our customers and the people they serve to lead the way to a safer and healthier world.
In this posiiton Legal Counsel manages the Company’s intellectual property portfolio.
- Finding legally and commercially sound solutions required to complete complex business transactions
- Managing corporate records for the company’s legal entities worldwide
- Managing the Company's Intellectual Property portfolio
- Negotiating real property leases for the company’s facilities worldwide
- Drafting and negotiating technology development, licensing, supply, service and distribution agreements with key suppliers
- Performing due diligence and document preparation for M&A projects
- Managing outside counsel relationships
- Formal and informal presentations to management regarding the status of legal projects
- Upholding the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Teamwork
- Behavior consistent at all times with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
*Certain positions with OSI Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations, or be able to obtain an export authorization.
EEO is the Law
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a leading law firm
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- Active member in good standing with the California bar
- Outstanding research, analytical and writing skills
- Exceptional communicator in both formal and informal settings
- Intellectual property (e.g., patent and trademark portfolio management) experience a plus
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Motivated, willing to work long hours when projects demand
- Enjoys new challenges and highly responsive
- Willing to handle legal projects that are not within areas of previous expertise, i.e., willing to learn on the job and develop new areas of competence
- Travel required (10%)
Poster Link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.