The Food Services team is responsible for creating food experiences that promote collaboration and engage and energize Googlers throughout each day. The team works with a variety of vendors to provide great service, delicious food and innovative experiences. As the Food Program Manager, you set the bar high for food quality, ensuring guests and employees are sated safely at every meal. You will look at the local and global supply chains that bring food to Googlers' plates, identify potential risks and cook up contingency plans. You'll set standards for guest satisfaction, procurement, costs and our use of technology while making sure our food programs keep pace with the needs of our ever hungry Googlers.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google’s culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work - from how we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
- Contribute to the development and subsequent roll out of a variety of food programs that include cafes, mobile programs and commissaries. Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Support a consistent, efficient and effective delivery of operational food services in the Bay Area while maintaining the program’s IT Strategy, financial processes, vendor relationships and cost control/reduction mechanisms.
- Collaborate in the development, implementation and ongoing refreshment of the Google Food program’s standards of service to the Google community through collaboration with the Vendor Partner training manager to implement training programs that align with the Google Food program’s service culture.
- Gather relevant data to identify and evaluate potential risks within the food services operations while implementing process improvement strategies and ongoing compliance with the food program’s quality assurance program.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and share this knowledge and relevant material with all food service operations partners with an eye towards continuous improvement in all areas of operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management, Nutrition or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in food service management or hospitality.
- Experience with business agreements and event management.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Master's degree.
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to analyze reports, metrics and trends and detail-oriented with strong analytical skills to evaluate and summarize data.
- Excellent planning skills including information organization, timeline tracking and comprehensive communication and collaboration across many teams and stakeholders at multiple organizational levels.
- Strong financial and purchasing skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.