The Decision Management Systems Analyst - Merchant Services, will be responsible for executing credit risk strategies for new account underwriting in an emerging area of business. This role will partner closely with Credit Risk Strategies, Operations and Platform/Technology partners to build the decision engine and testing infrastructure from the ground up. Immediate key responsibilities include delivery of the first generation PowerCurve decision engine, end-to-end strategy coding, pre-rollout release testing and fast resolution of any identified issues prior to national product launch.
Responsibilities post-launch include ownership of the initial underwriting decision engine (including business requirements for necessary platform enhancements and defect remediation), delivery of next-generation strategies and functionality, end-to-end production validation and test scripts and routines. The analyst will also be on point to develop and manage policies/procedures related to the intake and prioritization of BAU strategy changes, including IRDB and UCRA responsibilities.
This role requires strong analytical and technical skills; attention-to-detail is a must. To be considered, candidates must also have prior experience with decision engines, SAS/SQL coding, strategy coding or credit strategy development. Prior experience with the PowerCurve engine is strongly preferred.
Proven analytical ability as demonstrated through 4+ years related professional work experience
- 3+ years experience working with decision engines, SAS/SQL coding, or credit strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics, or a related quantitative discipline strongly preferred or equivalent directly related experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the process and tools used for development, validation, implementation and documentation of credit risk and/or marketing business strategies and scoring toolkits
- Excellent presentation, communication, and organizational skills
- A passion for learning and using data to derive trends, detect risks, and execute strategy projects
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of credit risk strategies, financial drivers, and credit operations with proven problem solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Must be decisive and client focused
- Must be a team player, creative, strategic, and be a thoughtful risk-taker
- Effective project management and organizational skills; ability to collaborate, manage, and expand relationships across the organization and with all levels of management or credit strategy development.
Prior experience with the PowerCurve engine is strongly preferred.
- Previous PowerCurve experience
- SAS macro programming experience
- Previous experience in the Payments industry
- Analytic work experience in support of consumer or small business credit strategies
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: