Republic National Distributing Company is actively seeking a Night Warehouse Associate to join their team in Indianapolis, IN today!
We are one of the nation’s leading wholesale beverage alcohol distributors, specializing in wine and spirits. As the preferred partner for alcohol producers who value the three-tier system, we create branded products and productivity for all parties involved.
Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Provide labor and effort to assist in the accurate and timely receipt of goods, consolidation of warehoused goods, and replenishment of pick locations as well as other necessary warehouse functions.
- Safely and properly unload a trailer of product, verify the load for accuracy and stage for put away.
- Conduct proper put away of goods in the warehouse ensuring safety and proper rack utilization.
- Meet individual productivity and accuracy standards as identified through Labor Management (LM) metrics.
- Required to safely operate material handling equipment (MHE) to include forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, reach trucks, slip sheet attachment, and/or clamper truck or attachment.
- Utilize Warehouse Management System (WMS) scan guns and tools for the purpose of maintaining proper inventory levels and proper location of goods in the warehouse.
- Assist in the process of putting away returned product from previous day’s deliveries.
- Performs cleaning and maintenance duties as directed.
- Assist in physical inventories and cycle counting as directed.
- Observes safe product handling techniques. Cooperates with management and peers alike. Is punctual and consistently available for work.
- As needed, pre-pick and stage odd ball cases and bottles for use in the night shipping.
- Pull and stage large customer orders in demand, such as Costco, Total Wine, etc.
- Interact with associates during the hand-off from shift to shift. Frequently will have interaction with delivery personnel, and the early morning receiving crew.
- Pick and pack orders using label picking, ring scanners, voice directed picking or paper picket tickets.
- Performs various other duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Required to obtain certification and safely operate material handling equipment (MHE) to include forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, reach trucks, slip sheet attachment, and/or clamper truck or attachment.
- 1+ years of warehouse experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of 2 & 3 syllable words & to recognize similarities and differences, between words & between series of numbers. Ability to print & speak simple sentences.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s, by using the units of American money, weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variable in standardized situations.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed mechanical equipment and vibration. The employee may occasionally be exposed to wet or human conditions, work in high or precarious places, or be exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Indeed Hire and Republic National Distributing Company are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- Warehouse Management System (WMS): 1 year (Required)
- warehouse: 1 year (Required)
- forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, and reach trucks: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- material handling equipment (MHE) or ability to obtain (Required)
- Indianapolis, IN: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)