At AutoNation, getting customers back on the road is what drives us. We’re looking for a Collision Body Technician or Auto Body Technician to join our team. As a Collision Body Technician, you’ll perform vehicle repairs as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. Your attention to detail make you a valuable asset to the team as you ensure repairs are completed on time, and deliver top-notch work to delight our customers.
What are the daily job responsibilities?
Performing work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy.
- Communicating with Estimators and Parts Associates to obtain necessary parts.
- Assessing vehicle condition to determine if additional safety or repair work is needed.
- Performing all body repairs according to estimate.
- Performing welding, soldering, body alignment, and frame/unibody repairs.
- Operating all equipment in the Collision Center in a safe and productive manner, following AutoNation’s Safety Standards for the use of personal protective equipment (e.g., safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection) while working on the production floor.
Inspecting all work performed as a Quality Control (QC) measure as soon as jobs are completed.
- Mixing all chemicals according to manufacturer directions/specifications.
- Understanding and following federal, state, and local regulations that affect Collision Center operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA guidelines, etc.
- Gaining superior product knowledge to provide high quality repairs.
What are the requirements for the Collision Body Technician?
ICAR certification (preferred) or interest to become certified.
OEM certification (preferred) or interest to become certified.
At least two years’ automotive experience.
- Must have a valid, in-state driver’s license with an acceptable, safe driving record.
- Ability to operate an automobile.
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our Associates have many choices for career growth and development after success in a Collision Body Technician role. Future opportunities may include:
Collision Production Manager
Collision Body Team Lead
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented. Career opportunities are dependent on business and staffing needs, as well as the qualifications of internal and external candidates.