- Exceed our customers’ evolving expectations by presenting the freshest quality product while providing World Class customer service and a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience.
- Build relationships with and educate our customers in order to create sales.
- Price, rotate, stock, face, and level product.
- Assist in receiving, unloading, verifying, and storing product.
- Maintain pricing accuracy.
- Maintain proper department conditions and supplies (e.g., shelf, case, sales floor, backroom, etc.).
- Operate and clean equipment/machinery where applicable.
- Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence™ through Big Y’s Firm Foundations™ (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for food through interactive sales techniques.
- Must project a clean and professional appearance.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
- Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
- Must consent to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.