Responsible for developing and maintaining analytical pricing direction for a group of categories using statistical software and analysis. This role focuses on the Whole Foods Market perishable business (Produce, Floral, Meat, Seafood, Prepared Foods, and Bakery.) This role will initially be focused on ensuring data and process foundations for pricing and be comfortable building analysis tools and insights over time.
- Collaborate with pricing and perishable purchasing leadership to conceptualize business issues, develop data and translate into appropriate lifecycle pricing strategies.
Analytical Influence and Leadership
- Determine areas of perishable business where innovative analytical solutions may be used to drive business growth, create analysis, and develop recommendations.
- Develop analytical presentations and communicate them to purchasing leadership.
- Communicate pricing trends and supporting analytics to pricing, merchandising, planning, and marketing.
- Create relevant category analytical tools/reports/dashboards that encompass pricing data in connection with consumer, customer, and competitor insights.
Ongoing Price Management
- Manage, analyze, and recommend price changes for a group of categories.
- Evaluate effectiveness of pricing methods and rules. Identify opportunities and recommend refinements to pricing zones, competitive match levels, rounding rules, attribute premiums, and the like.
- Improve accuracy of forecast of financial impact of proposed price changes.
- Develop and utilize advanced pricing response models for strategic merchandising initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Analytical Business Specialty, or equivalent experience and 2 to 4 years of experience in retail, analysis, and/or pricing.
- Proficient in a wide range of analytical, quantitative, and statistical techniques and tools to derive insights from large, complex data environments.
- Capable of developing insights using advanced reporting and statistical analytics skills.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Experience with SQL and database reporting preferred.
- Experience with statistical analysis software packages (e.g., R, SAS, SPSS, Stata) preferred.
- Experience with third-party pricing software preferred. (Revionics, DemandTec, ClearDemand, or similar)
- Experience in retail, specifically perishable goods, is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, verbal, and written.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic complemented with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.