Our Information Technology division consists of more than 200 professionals and continues to grow responsibly. The Quality Assurance Department is looking to add a Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst to their current team. This person will evaluate and test software programs to verify that programs function according to design documentation and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates, documents, maintains, executes, tracks and analyzes test scenarios and test plans in collaboration with stakeholders: ensures needs are testable.
- Maps business and technical requirements into test suites, test cases and test scripts.
- Identifies, analyzes and documents complex defects, questionable functions, errors and inconsistencies in software program functions, including but not limited to, outputs, online screens, content and security.
- Validates new software in the production environment.
- Conducts complex performing testing based on test scripts and test plan.
- Assumes QA oversight of the project in areas of design control, risk management, design verification and validation.
- Facilitates meetings, conference calls.
- Mentors, coaches and trains QA Analyst I.
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to QA processes, procedures and services.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of five years software quality assurance analysis experience, including an understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Proven ability to write and execute manual and automated scripts.
- Demonstrated experience in API testing SOAP and REST protocols using testing tools SOAPUIReady API, Postman.
- Intermediate experience and knowledge required in: HTML, SQL/TSQL, JSON, Xpath.
- XML/Schema validation experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of data ETL tools (Informatica)
- Intermediate Knowledge of Power Center Data Validation Option (DVO) is required.
- Intermediate Knowledge of Software AG webmethods 9.x, My webMethods Server (MWS) and Composite Application Framework (CAF)
- Expert understanding of Integration, Regression, Functional and Non Functional Testing techniques
- Proven knowledge of defect management tools is necessary.
- Proven knowledge of change management source control tools such as SVN, Git is necessary.
- Agile experience is required. Proven ability to follow Company testing standards is required.
- Demonstrated experience with the review of software requirements, risk analysis, specification documents and testing procedures is necessary.
- Proven understanding of the Software Testing Life Cycle fundamentals is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; ability to clearly articulate technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing is required.
- Advanced level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project, is necessary.
- The ability to work successfully within a team and serve as a trusted expert for assigned duties is necessary.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is essential.
- Proven ability to multi-task and motivate self and others while managing multiple projects and meeting various deadlines simultaneously is required.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- Demonstrated experience in API testing SOAP and REST protocols using testing tools HP UFT.
- Databases (DB2 and SQL), file structures, system design and analysis, risk analysis and project management.
- Proven ability to write and execute automated scripts, manual tests and relational database queries is required.
- Proven knowledge of test scripts such as Python, VBScript.
- Knowledge of Software AG's API management tool Centrasite.
- Testing experience with Web based, cloud hosted enterprise software products is preferred.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- ISTQB or CSTE Foundation Certification preferred.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary. Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.
Preference will be given to local candidates. No staffing agencies. Salary range is depending on experience.