Local 804 Federal Credit Union is rapidly expanding and looking for driven individuals with the desire to work in sales and share in our success as we continue to grow! As a Consumer Loan Officer, you create relationships and learn about our members’ lives and financial history. You have the unique ability to look beyond a credit score, placing value on individual circumstances, and help our members achieve their financial dreams. Your responsibilities and qualifications are as follows:
- Conducting in-depth interviews with members for all loan requests
- Answering member questions and completing requested transactions
- Identifies and executes cross-selling opportunities of Credit Union products to new members to meet their financial needs while applying internal controls, Credit Union Policies and Procedures, and Governmental regulations to ensure compliance, integrity, professionalism, quality and timely service delivery.
- Advocates for the member and gathers additional information for a decision.
- The successful candidate will be required to be self-motivated capable of thriving in a very fast paced, detail oriented and heavily sales driven environment.
- Actively market credit union loan products including personal, auto, home equity, and business loan offerings to achieve credit union goals
- Analyze marketing strategies to adapt and adjust them to improve results
- Interview loan applicants; obtain all the necessary documentation to review and make the loan decision
- Provide information to the membership/applicants concerning the different types of loans offered, the terms and interest rates, and the documentation needed to be considered for a loan.
- Underwrite loans based on established guidelines in Lending Policy.
- Approve loans that meet policy guidelines, within authorized limits and established timeframes.
- Make alternative recommendations to borrowers that are creditworthy but do not qualify for the loan they requested.
- Ensure all declined loan requests are properly documented for review by the Lending Manager
- Coordinate the preparation and issuance of adverse action letters to Members.
- Timely review and analysis of information resulting from staff input, verification and maintenance for all loans being processed.
- Comply with updates and changes to loan programs or procedures
- Maintain all correspondence and documentation through the consumer loan underwriting and decision process.
- File all related documentation in appropriate information systems.
- Provide financial counseling to members in the wise use of credit.
- Assist management in drafting written procedures that clearly state how each step of the lending process is performed.
- Monitor portfolio quality and performance collections and loss prevention.
- Actively engage new potential members in the community.
- Make suggestions to the Lending Manager concerning changes to the lending policy and/or procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Baccalaureate degree in related field or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions required.
- Minimum of three (2) to five (5) years’ of progressively responsible work experience in statistical analysis and credit policy.
- Strong working knowledge of industry lending and internal lending policies and products.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plans, plenty of paid time off, and 401k with employer match.
Local 804 Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Lending: 2 years (Required)