This position is responsible for the development and production of all aspects of automotive owner’s information. The content to be developed includes but is not limited to the following: operation instructions, graphics, warnings, cautions and quality reviews. Develop efficient, concise, and technically accurate operation instructions for our OEM client that will ultimately provide the necessary information end-user operators. Development may be in multiple formats and may involve interface with multiple clients both internal and external. Regardless of deliverable or style, this position must ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks which maintain compliance to both corporate and customer quality standards, procedures, policies and expectations.
- Accurately research and develop owner’s information instructions using client & engineering source data and supplied information.
- Follow current development procedures and processes.
- Document open issues and follow through on resolution and inclusion.
- Utilize procedures, records, tools, equipment, facilities, others as appropriate
- Provide updated project information relating to project schedules, scope of content and project changes
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the subject matter experts the client identifies.
- Follow-up on all client feedback with tracking, edit revisions, meetings minutes, task lists, etc and ensure the feedback is addressed in the manner consistent with the client expectations.
- Solid understanding of authoring tools and editors (SGML/XML/DITA)
- Experienced in developing structured/technical content development with an automotive influence
- Experience working under strict timelines and schedules
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Effective attention to detail and follow-through methods
- Ability to multitask
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop or other similar software.
- Positive Attitude and teamwork attributes
- Effective work and task organizational skills
Education / Experience Required
BA/BS or equivalent professional experience in content development and technical writing preferred. Approximately 3-5 years of related experience in development of structured technical content.
Job Type: Full-time
- Content Development: 3 years
- Technical Writing: 3 years